3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Tutorial: Switching to T-Mobile after buying from Amazon
Corbett
post Dec 30 2003, 06:06 PM
Post #21

Group: Members
Member No.: 653

Sorry, I forgot to mention a little bit about insurance. I am on the T-mobile network with my AT&T branded MPx200. I am cancelling my contract with AT&T before the 30 day trial is over. However, I would like to insure the phone so in case i lose it or drop it in the lake, i can get a new one without having to pay out the butt for a new one.

Thor, mabey you can shed some light on this? I highly doubt T-mobile's insurance program would cover a phone that they do not offer. But would AT&T's insurance program insure the phone even if I did not have a plan? I doubt that would work, but if anyone has any input, please speak up! Thanks.

--------------------
- Tim
MPx200 on T-Mobile
SanDisk 512mb SD Card
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Thor
post Dec 31 2003, 04:44 AM
Post #22

Hardcore Gadget Junkie

Member No.: 328
Phone: MPx220
Carrier: Alltel
PocketPC: Other

I don't think they would do that Corbett. Since you have to pay monthly you have to have an account with AT&T...and I don't think they would open an account just for the insurance...and I'm pretty sure T-Mobile wouldn't cover it either since they don't carry it...if you lost it they couldn't go to T-Mobile to get a replacement after all...

+Quote Post
post Dec 31 2003, 01:55 PM
Post #23

Group:
Member No.: 0

Is there anyother place can I unlock my phone? JEFF Jhongs (jhongsunlock@yahoo.ca) cannot do it until Jan 12 due to server problems

+Quote Post
deavod
post Dec 31 2003, 03:41 PM
Post #24

Hardcore Gadget Junkie

Member No.: 659
Phone: Cingular 3125
Carrier: AT&T Wireless/Cingular

Is there anyother place can I unlock my phone?  JEFF Jhongs (jhongsunlock@yahoo.ca) cannot do it until Jan 12 due to server problems

Yes, lots of places offer the service.

www.UnlockItNow.com is $15.

Serch the forum for more -- try "Unlock" for a search and see what you get.

D

+Quote Post
vballhjs
post Dec 31 2003, 03:43 PM
Post #25

Member No.: 490

unlock it now also says not until Jan 12th.. see my post above

+Quote Post
supersha
post Dec 31 2003, 04:12 PM
Post #26

Member No.: 396

just a thought - why even bother telling ATT what you are doing. no need for them to wisen up. just tell them there is poor civerage in your area, house, workplace, bathroom, etc and cancel. don;t make excuse until you absolutely have to. If they get wise to what is happening, they will sooner or later make it harder for scammers to do ^&%* like this.

--------------------
current MPX 200 on T Mobile.

**former Smart Amazing Phone owner, until i updated to the latest ROM, which SIM locked the phone!**

PM or IM me if interested in purchasing cheap.

+Quote Post
Thor
post Dec 31 2003, 05:12 PM
Post #27

Hardcore Gadget Junkie

just a thought - why even bother telling ATT what you are doing.  no need for them to wisen up.  just tell them there is poor civerage in your area, house, workplace, bathroom, etc and cancel.  don;t make excuse until you absolutely have to.  If they get wise to what is happening, they will sooner or later make it harder for scammers to do ^&%* like this.

so what...now we're SCAMMERS? please take that comment and stick it where the sun don't shine...

I'm sorry but if I pay full price of the phone and follow their rules and unlock it legally I can take it to whatever company I want...IT IS MY PHONE...

They already know it is happening...they know people don't like their data plans...an AT&T CS person told me they will be revising their data plans in the new year...

+Quote Post
vballhjs
post Dec 31 2003, 08:01 PM
Post #28

Member No.: 490

just ordered off of amazon smile.gif WOOT! .. quick question though.. I saw the posts about doing the "hard reset" to get the three band capability... should i do this before i even switch out the ATT card? will there be anything i have to re-enter if i do it then?? thanx in advance for any answers!

+Quote Post
post Jan 2 2004, 08:53 AM
Post #29

Group:

just ordered off of amazon smile.gif WOOT!  .. quick question though..  I saw the posts about doing the "hard reset" to get the three band capability... should i do this before i even switch out the ATT card?  will there be anything i have to re-enter if i do it then??  thanx in advance for any answers!

The hard reset does nothing to restore the third band...the only way I know of that could possibly do this is by flashing the firmware...and I haven't seen anyone confirm whether or not it truly enables the third band...check out the firmware forum for the details on the firmware...

the hard reset just sets it back to the conidition it is in when you it left the factory...bascially what it's like when you take it out of the box...doing it after you take it out of the box would be pointless unless it is not working properly when you first start it up...

+Quote Post
Thor
post Jan 2 2004, 08:55 AM
Post #30

Hardcore Gadget Junkie

just ordered off of amazon smile.gif WOOT!  .. quick question though..  I saw the posts about doing the "hard reset" to get the three band capability... should i do this before i even switch out the ATT card?  will there be anything i have to re-enter if i do it then??  thanx in advance for any answers!

The hard reset does nothing to restore the third band...the only way I know of that could possibly do this is by flashing the firmware...and I haven't seen anyone confirm whether or not it truly enables the third band...check out the firmware forum for the details on the firmware...

the hard reset just sets it back to the conidition it is in when you it left the factory...bascially what it's like when you take it out of the box...doing it after you take it out of the box would be pointless unless it is not working properly when you first start it up...

doh...that was me...

+Quote Post
Interblat
post Jan 2 2004, 06:45 PM
Post #31

Member No.: 673

Okay, I have an unlock code and I'm free of AT&T. Now the question is:
If I change to T-Mobile and the MPx200 goes belly-up -- what then? Or is this just a risk I'm running?

Insights appreciated.

Thanks!

+Quote Post
post Jan 3 2004, 05:01 AM
Post #32

Group:

Phone price just jumped on Amazon - its now $269.99 w/contract, $99.99 after rebates.
The phone is still $399.99 without contract though.

+Quote Post
post Jan 4 2004, 05:34 AM
Post #33

Group:

Where is the phone $399 on Amazon? Can anyone post a link to where you can see it at that price without the contract? Thanks!

+Quote Post
Thor
post Jan 4 2004, 10:56 AM
Post #34

Hardcore Gadget Junkie

Phone price just jumped on Amazon - its now $269.99 w/contract, $99.99 after rebates.
The phone is still $399.99 without contract though.
Actually it's $149.99 with rebates...the AT&T rebate can no longer be used unless you bought it before 1/3/04.

Where is the phone $399 on Amazon? Can anyone post a link to where you can see it at that price without the contract? Thanks!

can't really provide you a link sorry...when you proceed with checkout and it asks you to select a service plan just scroll down past all the links...you'll see another picture of the mpx200...that's where you select the option with no contract...don't know why you'd want to do that though...it's just a waste of $130...IMO having to make a call to AT&T to get the service and contract cancelled is well worth the $130 savings...

+Quote Post
Sean
post Jan 4 2004, 01:53 PM
Post #35

Site Founder
Group Icon

Group: Senior Admin
Member No.: 1
Phone: Cingular Blackjack
Carrier: AT&T Wireless/Cingular
PocketPC: HTC
MP3 Player: iPod Nano
PMC: Creative Zen
Google Talk ID: murphy dot sean at g mail dot com

The links I could post will be invalid once my cookie expires but here is how you get there from here, go to Amazon, find the MPx200, enter you zip code and click check availability, Click select this phone, right near the top it says "Now select a compatible service plan: (Interested in buying this phone without a service plan? click here), click there and BAM! $399.99

--------------------
Sean Murphy
Editor
Mobile Gadget News

Main Devices - Cingular 8125, Sony/Ericsson GC83 Edge Card, PSP, Creative ZEN PMC, iPod Nano, Mobile Crossing BT GPS

+Quote Post
jas1442
post Jan 17 2004, 06:42 PM
Post #36

Member No.: 1,303

yes...i have tmobiles data connection and just got this mpx200..but they cannot help me configure it...can you help...they have tried ..4 times actually...and motorola keeps wanting to send me at&t...going crazy here..please help if possible...ty...........................JAS

+Quote Post
post Jan 24 2004, 05:07 AM
Post #37

Group:

Hi there,

I'm planning to get one from amazon, and my question does not reflect at the sticky there. here's what i'm asking for:

when the phone comes, can i don't switch on the activation? I'll get it unlock via the canadian and switch to my local network. Is it feasible? Can anyone tell me about the AT&T activation thing? I supposed when the phone comes, I can just throw away the AT&T SIM card and unlock it, insert my own SIM card and will be able to use it. There's no need to call up to cancel the AT&T service since I did not activate it.

Please help on this matter here. Is there a need to cancel AT&T since you don't activate it at all??

Thanks and regards.

miscellanous (in a rush so didn't login)

+Quote Post
Thor
post Jan 24 2004, 06:34 AM
Post #38

Hardcore Gadget Junkie

Hi there,

I'm planning to get one from amazon, and my question does not reflect at the sticky there. here's what i'm asking for:

when the phone comes, can i don't switch on the activation? I'll get it unlock via the canadian and switch to my local network. Is it feasible? Can anyone tell me about the AT&T activation thing? I supposed when the phone comes, I can just throw away the AT&T SIM card and unlock it, insert my own SIM card and will be able to use it. There's no need to call up to cancel the AT&T service since I did not activate it.

Please help on this matter here. Is there a need to cancel AT&T since you don't activate it at all??

Thanks and regards.

miscellanous (in a rush so didn't login)

if you don't activate it Amazon will activate it for you...that's why they take all the necessary info when you buy the phone...just gotta wait until the phone becomes active then cancel it...otherwise you risk getting charged for service you never use...

jas...I don't know about setting up the tmobile data connection as I never got that far with them...but many people have posted settings on this board ...also...I believe the best way to get t-mobile's help in getting it configured is to make it clear to them you have a data device similar to a pda...if they know this then they should be able to help you configure it properly.

+Quote Post
mjoshi
post Feb 1 2004, 03:14 AM
Post #39

Member No.: 1,589

Hello to All,

New to this forum and this is my first post on this forum. First of all its nice to see an "active" forum on a specific phone. At present I'm using Nokia 3650 (AT&T) and recently got Siemens SX56 for my wife from AT&T (99.00 USD deal from AT&T). Actually Buy.com is selling mpx200 fro 59.99 USD (check this http://www.buy.com/retail/wireless/product...55&s=22&p=1&w=).
I am happy with AT&T coverage around my place (Boston, MA and NewEngland Area). So I dont want to jump to any other carrier. I recently checked with AT&T and I'm eligible to change my phone. Now my question is how can I get Mpx200 for 59.99 without changing my existing number. It seems AT&T will give 90 USD rebate only if you sign for 2 yrs contract. I'm not sure I want to go for 2 year contract.

thanks

MJ[/url]

+Quote Post
mjoshi
post Feb 1 2004, 04:02 AM
Post #40

Member No.: 1,589

you can also get Mpx200 for 9.99 USD from http://www.cng.intelenetwireless.com/
after rebates.

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 05:45 PM