Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Trouble Bluetooth syncing on SP5
kmichalec
post Oct 19 2005, 02:47 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,971

Wow, first post in this forum. I feel priviliged...

When I try to link up my HPDV1000 laptop and my SP5 via Bluetooth, I can get them to see each other via other services. However, when I try to set up a COM port service on my laptop, and I have it check for the services available on the SP5, it says the SP5 does not have this service available. Yet, when I look on the phone, I can set an incoming and outgoing port in the bluetooth settings. Yet, even when I have both set up, and I try to sync via bluetooth, it says that the phone hasn't established a partnership with a computer, and asks me if I'd like to set one up. When I try to select the computer, nothing happens. So I can set them for the same COM port number (6 in this case), but they can't talk.

I'm stuck...any ideas?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
smeg36
post Oct 19 2005, 03:52 PM
Post #2

Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
Member No.: 1,045
Phone: HTC Touch
Carrier: Sprint/Nextel

Did you read this thread right below yours? Have you tried using the guide linked to in that thread? I have never had a problem when using that guide.

You have a SP5? Aw man, lucky! Want to post some pics for us? I can't get enough of that phone. It looks so sweet. I want one! Where did you get it, and how much was it?

--------------------
Phone: Sprint Touch Pro

+Quote Post
jeroen
post Oct 22 2005, 04:23 PM
Post #3

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,333
Carrier: Orange

QUOTE (kmichalec @ Oct 19 2005, 02:47 PM)
Wow, first post in this forum.  I feel priviliged...

When I try to link up my HPDV1000 laptop and my SP5 via Bluetooth, I can get them to see each other via other services.  However, when I try to set up a COM port service on my laptop, and I have it check for the services available on the SP5, it says the SP5 does not have this service available.  Yet, when I look on the phone, I can set an incoming and outgoing port in the bluetooth settings.  Yet, even when I have both set up, and I try to sync via bluetooth, it says that the phone hasn't established a partnership with a computer, and asks me if I'd like to set one up.  When I try to select the computer, nothing happens.  So I can set them for the same COM port number (6 in this case), but they can't talk.

I'm stuck...any ideas?

Try using the new active sync 4.0 this must solve the problem. But bevore you instal the new active sync 4.0 first delete 3.x and restart your laptop.

Greatings Jeroen

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 06:33 PM