IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Motorola Q Won't Boot Up, Can't get past the VerizonWireless logo when phone is turned on.
Angela
post Sep 27 2006, 10:05 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,453
Phone: Motorola Q
Carrier: Verizon

I've got a pretty new Motorola Q and it won't boot up. It was working fine for a month, or so. It shut off during a conversation today because the battery died. It gives me the Charging Battery message if I plug it in. However, when I turn it on, it won't get past the "VerizonWireless" screen and load windows. I've removed the battery for more than an hour and no luck. Any suggestions?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
smeg36
post Sep 28 2006, 12:09 AM
Post #2

Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
Member No.: 1,045
Phone: HTC Touch
Carrier: Sprint/Nextel

If you haven't yet, you could download and install the ROM update from here. That will essentially perform a hard reset when it flashes the ROM.

--------------------
Phone: Sprint Touch Pro

+Quote Post
cortez
post Sep 28 2006, 12:12 AM
Post #3

Mobile Gadget Idol

Member No.: 11
Carrier: AT&T Wireless/Cingular
PocketPC: HTC
PMC: Other

hi angela - did you allow the phone to fully charge before turning it on? i had this happen once; i left the phone on the charger for 8 hours (with the phone off of course), unplugged it and it came on... if that doesn't work, i'd take it back to Verizon for a replacement..

--------------------
cortez

"...yes, i am a gadget freak!.."
HTC Trinity & Kaiser / AT&T
Black Q / Verizon

+Quote Post
Mark UI bme
post Jul 15 2007, 11:14 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 15,592
Phone: Motorola Q
Carrier: Verizon
MP3 Player: iPod Video

QUOTE (cortez @ Sep 27 2006, 07:12 PM) *
hi angela - did you allow the phone to fully charge before turning it on? i had this happen once; i left the phone on the charger for 8 hours (with the phone off of course), unplugged it and it came on... if that doesn't work, i'd take it back to Verizon for a replacement..

Let's say that nothing can get through to the phone because it won't boot far enough for the computer to recognize what is attached to update the software. Anything you guys know about fixing that problem?

My phone is having this problem now and I have been told that it's junk, I refuse to accept this. I have tried installing the new update that is supposed to kill the partial boot error, but without a way to get the phone to boot far enough to get it to connect to the computer I can't get it to install the new software. If anyone has any kind of info on this, please please help me, I don't want to have a $200 paper weight.

Thanks,
Mark

+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 05:25 PM