Reply to this topicStart new topic
> MOTO Q 9c
novachick
post Jun 17 2008, 03:59 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 15,303

What do you all think of the new MOTO Q 9c

I like that it has all the functionality to organize your life for work, but also offers fun features for play. smile.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
maczealot
post Sep 7 2008, 07:19 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 16,538
Phone: Motorola Q
Carrier: Sprint/Nextel
MP3 Player: Other
Google Talk ID: Stinkysdaddy

I've had the Sprint Moto Q9c for almost 9 months now. It's a love/hate relationship for me. The phone looks really nice with the black and chrome. No other version has that look. The rubberized feel of the back I love, it feels sturdy and solid and heavy in my hand. Everybody is so big on thin and lightweight but I don't like that. That makes it feel cheap and flimsy to me. I like solid, heavy, thick. I want it to feel like a device not a cheap piece of plastic. It is also a dream to type on. I can fly through texts and emails on this phone. No other phone I've ever owned or tested compares to the keyboard on this beauty. And most importantly, it does everything. I had a list of things I wanted my phone to do and this was the only one where I didn't have to sacrifice anything. And it was the cheapest too. And with the extended life battery that comes with it, I never have to charge it at work or school. I love my phone. It's everything I wanted in a phone. But there is a big but.

I have had an unacceptable number of problems with it. In the 8 months + I've had it, I have had to do a master reset on it four times because it was severely malfunctioning. It'll get to a point where it's so slow all the time that when I push a button, I have to just set it down and walk away and check back with it later because it takes a couple minutes to register the button push and do the command. And when I type, no words appear on the screen so I can't see what I'm typing. The only way to fix it is a master reset. It performs great after the reset but then I have to reinstall all my apps, bring in all my web bookmarks again, set up all my settings and wallpaper again, etc. The only thing that makes it better is that I have a memory card in it and I store everything on that so nothing is lost and I can just reinstall my programs. And I have all my contacts and calendar backed up on the exchange server at work so that all comes back instantly as soon as I put the settings in again. But this is a big hassle. It takes two days to get it all set up again each time I do it. And my girlfriend has the same phone as me and has had several other problems. They replaced it once for her and the new one still acts up.

So the bottom line is, this is an excellent phone. One of the best out there and I love it. But it's also a phone riddled with bugs that some people won't be able to tolerate. In 6 months I'm getting an HTC Touch Pro and I'll officially retire my troublesome Q9c.

maczealot
http://stinkywap.funformobile.com
http://writersebook.blogspot.com

QUOTE (novachick @ Jun 17 2008, 10:59 AM) *
What do you all think of the new MOTO Q 9c

I like that it has all the functionality to organize your life for work, but also offers fun features for play. smile.gif

+Quote Post
thomasz2tran21
post May 21 2009, 12:37 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 16,956
Phone: Palm Treo
Carrier: AT&T Wireless/Cingular
Secondary Carrier: Cingular
PocketPC: Compaq
MP3 Player: iPod Photo
PMC: Samsung YH-999

Very good phone and works great. It have all the features that I want, contacts, GPS, e-mail, internet. I love this Q9c from accessorygeeks. The smartphone also has a 1.3-megapixel camera; decent call quality; and solid messaging capabilities.

--------------------

+Quote Post
abatis
post May 21 2009, 02:21 AM
Post #4

Site Administrator
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 626
Phone: Samsung i760
Carrier: Verizon
Secondary Carrier: Sprint
PocketPC: Other

How is the battery life on the 9C?

--------------------
Editor/Administrator MGN
MGN Making Your Windows Mobile Life Simpler

Main : Samsung i760 - Verizon

+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 01:22 PM