IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Streets and Trips for SmartPhone Sucks, I thought it was going to be cooler...
gregger
post Feb 12 2005, 10:53 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 863

Maybe I'm missing something, but wow does Streets and Trips for SmartPhone suck! I refrained from buying it from Handango because I was going to buy the 2005 version for the PC (which includes both PocketPC and SmartPhone editions). So when I finally did, I was expecting something a bit better.

Mapopolis is about 100x better... at least you can scroll around easier, find out more about each point of interest, and route between points. Streets and Trips has no idea how to do any of this. Does the PocketPC version work differently?

For those of you considering Streets and Trips, set your expectations for a simple map viewing application that has a vauge idea of finding a few things it knows about, but don't expect all the richness that Mapopolis gives you.

Hope that saves someone some disappointment.
TTFN
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
smeg36
post Feb 13 2005, 03:42 AM
Post #2

Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
Member No.: 1,045
Phone: HTC Touch
Carrier: Sprint/Nextel

Reading the title of the thread, I was going to suggest Mapopolis. Looks like you already got the idea though. I have it on my SMT5600 and X50v. Good overall program.

--------------------
Phone: Sprint Touch Pro

+Quote Post
GrYph0n
post Feb 13 2005, 03:47 AM
Post #3

Site Administrator
Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
Member No.: 1,097
Phone: Other
Carrier: AT&T Wireless/Cingular
PocketPC: HTC
MP3 Player: Creative
PMC: Creative Zen
Google Talk ID: eric.d.jones (at) gmail.com

QUOTE (GrYph0n)
I am currently beta testing new versions of mapopolis for a new release. I must say it is much more promising but there are still some slight issues to work out. Once the final release is out, I will be updating my review to reflect GPS usage on a smartphone...

Just a note, if you are a serious mapopolis user, and have the Nav Pack (GPS Support) then contact (PM) me for further beta testing information...

--------------------
Eric Jones
Editor / Moderator
Mobile Gadget News
Staff Sergeant
United States Marine Corps, Infantry
Currently using an iPhone
My Gadget History : AT&T Tilt,
Cingular 3125, i-Mate Smartflip, G-Sat BT359W GPS, Parrot Rhythm n'Blue BT Car Stereo, Logitech Mobile Traveller, & ThinkOutside BT Keyboard

+Quote Post
Cylon
post Oct 16 2005, 04:24 PM
Post #4

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,549
Phone: SMT5600
Carrier: Alltel
PocketPC: MiTAC

Just got the 2006 pocket streets for both my mio 168 and smt5600... Talk about a waste of 34 bucks. I'm gonna see if costco will take it back this afternoon.

Cylon

--------------------
Arrogant American Fighter Pilot

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 06:25 AM