Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 15,889
Phone: Cingular Blackjack
Carrier: o2
PocketPC: None
MP3 Player: Creative

Hi folks,

I just moved to Ireland to attend school, and I brought with me my Samsung SGH-i670 "Blackjack" (Not to be confused with the i600, very similar, but has a front camera for cam-calls)

Now, my Blackjack IS unlocked from my AT&T/Cingular contract...and I currently use an O2 sim.

I can send/receive texts and phone calls just fine,

** BUT I am unable to send/receive MMS picture messages and access the internet **

Now, I've come across settings for mms' and the internet all over the place, but unfortunately, either none of them seem to be the same, work, or they're for the O2.CO.UK phones, not O2.ie phones.

I'm pretty sure I just need accurate settings for MMS, WAP?, WAP GPRS? internet profiles...and I'm also pretty sure I have to set up a proxy profile? (can anyone familiar with Blackjacks explain this stuff?) PAP, CHAP...yeah...it's all greek to me.

I hope I've made sense here...american windows smartphone mobile, not currently supported by O2, so I can't even have O2's website send me the automated data.

Help! I just need some settings folks. A Blackjack without picture messaging and the internet is just a phone with a day planner in it!

I'll really appreciate any help any of you can provide.

Aside from all that, can someone give me the quick and dirty on what exactly is needed to connect? Like the philosophy or theory side of it? haha For instance, in order to connect to the internet, I need to A) check my IE settings on my phone? cool.gif have a GPRS profile set up? AND C) Proxy? Do you know what I mean? All that is JUST to connect to the internet, correct? Regular text messages only need this or that...but it's separate from the GPRS/EDGE stuff?

Anyways, go ahead and ridicule me for my incompetence or donate some knowledge this way!

Thanks!

-Max
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
abatis
post Oct 26 2007, 04:28 PM
Post #2

Site Administrator
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 626
Phone: Samsung i760
Carrier: Verizon
Secondary Carrier: Sprint
PocketPC: Other

A basic question. Do you have MMS and Interernet provided as part of your carrier package?

IE: If you have the settings per the O2 site another thing to check on your IE is the option menu> properties and see if it set to internet or WAP. You may want to toggle that settings and see if it makes a difference.

WAP2.0
Profile Name: O2 Ireland
Homepage: http://www.o2.ie
Proxy: 62.40.32.40
Port: 8080
APN: internet
Bearer: GPRS

MMS
Profile Name: O2 MMS
Homepage: http://mmsc.mms.o2.ie:8002
Proxy: 62.40.32.40
Bearer: GPRS

Open Internet
Profile Name: Internet

Email Client
SMTP: 62.40.32.37
POP3 Server: 62.40.32.37
Proxy: 62.40.32.40:8080

usernames and passwords not required for any profiles (some legacy devices / systems may require a username and password to create a connection profile... try gprs for both in this case)

Also, to use a phone as a modem you can set the APN manually via device manager on your PC / Device.

Extra Initialisation Strings:
AT+CGDCONT=1,"IP","internet" (if hardware error results, then remove. AT at begining may not be required on some devices)

number: *99#
user/pass: not required

----
SOURCE

--------------------
Editor/Administrator MGN
MGN Making Your Windows Mobile Life Simpler

Main : Samsung i760 - Verizon

+Quote Post
BlackJackMax
post Oct 31 2007, 05:42 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 15,889
Phone: Cingular Blackjack
Carrier: o2
PocketPC: None
MP3 Player: Creative

Thanks for the help! Aside from the small note below, these settings worked just great!

For APN, I had to use the prefix 'pp.internet' since I'm an O2 Pay As You Go ('Speak Easy' accounts) The other type of monthly payment accounts use the other prefix for APN, I believe its the other one floating around here more commonly seen the pp.wap.o2.ie one - to that effect.

My Blackjack can send pictures and I can get on the internet again! woohoo!

Thanks for the help!

+Quote Post
artburger
post Aug 2 2008, 09:22 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 16,465

esterday good friend of mine ask me can I fix the problem with O2 modem - E220 Huawei. The problem look that why: laptop see modem, but cannot establismed connection. He cant connect.

So becouse shes using Vista I try new lookarround for new drivers, firware, etc.... UPGRADE

On O2 page I found it THAT:

http://www.o2online.ie/wps/wcm/resources/f...e_Dashboard.pdf

I LOOK ON THAT PAGE AND I THINK - very good, let's try.

But after when I upgrate firmware I CANNOT FIND DASHBOARD UPDATE THE YOU CAN SEE ON PAGE O2 THAT I GIVE YOU!!!! WHERE IS FILE HOSTA63 for download..... ??????????????????

IS NOWEHERE.... I LOOK ALL PAGES, to 6 o clock o the morning. Noffing.

And then I make big mystake - I go on Huawei site and I download the newest update from they site.... sad.gif(((

WHEN I PLUG MODEM AFTER UPDATE MENU of modem (DASHBOARD?) WAS CHANGE.

AND I CANNOT MAKE THAT MODEM WORKS!!!!!!!

MAYBE I SHUD USE SOME SPECIAL SETTING FOR NETWORK - THEY ARE THERE POSSISION THAT I'M NOT SURE .

Please understand my possision.
I wanna help friend from good will AND NOW I''M STRESS THAT MAYBE MODEM IS BROKEN...... sad.gif(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((

When I can get This ORYGINAL DASHBOARD ????

If I can make that works I wanna give back like whas.....

I.M REALLY, REALLY SAD.

CAN YOU HELP ME??? PLEASE.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 02:06 PM