Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Mediaworks vs Tmobile, best offering for surf, email, IM
seanp99
post Aug 16 2005, 09:09 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 432

I currently have Cingular and I'm currently happy with coverage in my area, however I'm looking to start doing more with my phone such as surf, email and IM. I'm wondering how Cingular's offerings compare with Tmobile. I've read that Tmobile doesn't have great coverage in Chicago/N.W. Indiana, so I'm kind of hesitant to switch. What I'm wondering is with cingular can you go to any website or only ones for mobile devices? That is probably my biggest concern, I know Cingular says only mobile sites, but I thought another post said they can go to almost any site. I'm willing to pay a little more to make sure I have great coverage. I'll be on a family plan with my wife, who wants to be able to IM and chat on Yahoo.

Thanks,
Sean
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
nskgti
post Aug 17 2005, 03:43 AM
Post #2

Gadget Junkie

Member No.: 337
Phone: Cingular 8525
Carrier: Alltel

Cingular doesn't say "only mobile sites", what they say is you can not tether your phone to a laptop....

+Quote Post
seanp99
post Aug 17 2005, 12:52 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 432

QUOTE (nskgti @ Aug 16 2005, 06:43 PM)
Cingular doesn't say "only mobile sites", what they say is you can not tether your phone to a laptop....

This is from Cingular's FAQ at https://www.cingular.com/media/media_net_faqs

Can I access every site on the Web?
No, the microbrowser in MEdia Net-enabled phones can only access sites that are in WML (Wireless Markup Language) format. If you enter an HTML or HDML address, you will receive an error message.

So can you access any site or not.

Thanks

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 01:55 PM