IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Sidekick data plan, Will it work on other devices?
acb0173
post Apr 22 2006, 08:03 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 11,106
Phone: MPx220
Carrier: Alltel
PocketPC: None

Hello, MGN experts.

My secondary phone/device is a Clolor SideKick with T-mobile. I have their unlimited data plan for the Sidekick. On my bill it displays "SKICK Unlim Plus Svc" and "SKICK Unlimited Plus" wich gets me unlimited data and text messages for $29.99 a month. This plan does not offer me any free phone minutes, but I don't use this device for talking...only data & text. My total bill per month is approx $31.50 with taxes and such. My ultimate goal is to have this same plan with T-Mobile, but I want upgrade to a more high tech device....maybe an MDA, an 8125, an iMate...I just don't know which is right for me yet.

Anywho, I've been trying to get my MPx220 (unlocked) to work with the T-Mo SIM card from my Sidekick, but after many attemps with suggestions from various posts here on MGN, I can't get the data to work. The phone and text messages work fine though. One of the posts did say that the SideKick Unlimited plan specifically would NOT work on other devices and that I'm SOL. Can I get confirmation on this? Or possibly another suggestion for settings to try?

Thanks in advance!

-Alan
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
smeg36
post Apr 22 2006, 09:02 PM
Post #2

Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
Member No.: 1,045
Phone: HTC Touch
Carrier: Sprint/Nextel

I'm pretty sure it won't work. At least it didn't a couple years ago when I tried it. I'd be interested to hear if anyone else has ever tried this and got it working.

--------------------
Phone: Sprint Touch Pro
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 11:30 AM