Site Administrator
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 626
Phone: Samsung i760
Carrier: Verizon
Secondary Carrier: Sprint
PocketPC: Other

The attached zip file contains two CABs that will set up your T-Zones GPRS (WAP) and Proxy. Unzip the file on your PC or Phone and install the two CAB files to your phone. On your phones Internet Explorer set Connections to "Menu" > "Options" to uncheck "Auto detect "and set "Select Network" to WAP. This was tested with a WM5 phone and should work with previous WM 2002 and 2003 phones. Let me know if it works for you. Thanks

Attached File  Tzones.zip ( 4.1K ) Number of downloads: 6742

These setting work for T-zone basic plan

Connections -> Proxy -> T-Zones Proxy setup
Connects from: WAP Network
Connects to: The Internet
Proxy (name : port): 216.155.165.50:8080
Type: HTTP
User name: <blank>
Password: <blank>

Connections -> GPRS-> T-Mobile Data
Connects to: WAP Network
Access point: wap.voicestream.com
User name: <blank>
Password: <blank>
Primary DNS: 0.0.0.0
Secondary DNS: 0.0.0.0
IP address: <blank>

Internet Explorer -> Tools -> Options -> Connections
Automatically detect settings is checked
Select network: WAP Network

--------------------
Editor/Administrator MGN
MGN Making Your Windows Mobile Life Simpler

Main : Samsung i760 - Verizon
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Batzerto
post May 10 2006, 08:26 AM
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,059
Phone: SMT5600
Carrier: T-Mobile
PocketPC: HP iPAQ

QUOTE (abatis @ Feb 21 2006, 08:05 PM) *
The attached zip file contains two CABs that will set up your T-Zones GPRS (WAP) and Proxy. Unzip the file on your PC or Phone and install the two CAB files to your phone. On your phones Internet Explorer set Connections to "Menu" > "Options" to uncheck "Auto detect "and set "Select Network" to WAP. This was tested with a WM5 phone and should work with previous WM 2002 and 2003 phones. Let me know if it works for you. Thanks

How do I install the CAB? There is no setup.exe.

+Quote Post
abatis
post May 10 2006, 12:22 PM
Post #3

Site Administrator
Group Icon

Unzip the Tzones Zip on your PC. It will contain a folder that has the CAB files. They may appear as ZIPs on your PC but they are CAB files. With your phone connected to your PC use ActiveSync explorer to copy and paste the CABs to your phone. I usually put them in the TEMP folder on the phone. Disconnect the phone from the PC , use your phones file manager to find the CABs. Click on the CAB file and it will auto execute. Power your phone off on for all the setting to take affect. If you should want to remove the CAB settings just go to Settings>Remove Programs and you can remove them.

If you get the message the CABs are unsigned just proceed with the install. They won't hurt your phone.

--------------------
Editor/Administrator MGN

+Quote Post
Batzerto
post May 18 2006, 07:17 AM
Post #4

Member No.: 12,059
Phone: SMT5600
PocketPC: HP iPAQ

I tried clicking on the CAB files from my phone and I get an error:
"The file tmotzones.CAB is not a valid Windows CE Setup file."

+Quote Post
abatis
post May 18 2006, 12:59 PM
Post #5

Site Administrator
Group Icon

Are you trying to load the CAB on the HPiPaq or the SMT5600? The CAB is for Smartphones and not PocketPCs. However there is a PCOketPC T mobile CAB around if you need it.

--------------------
Editor/Administrator MGN

+Quote Post
hwliu
post Jun 16 2006, 07:11 AM
Post #6

Member No.: 12,530

QUOTE (abatis @ May 18 2006, 12:59 PM) *
Are you trying to load the CAB on the HPiPaq or the SMT5600? The CAB is for Smartphones and not PocketPCs. However there is a PCOketPC T mobile CAB around if you need it.

Could you point me to the cab file for pocket PC? Thanks.

+Quote Post
abatis
post Jun 16 2006, 01:09 PM
Post #7

Site Administrator
Group Icon

QUOTE (hwliu @ Jun 16 2006, 01:11 AM) *
Could you point me to the cab file for pocket PC? Thanks.

You could try this CAB.Attached File  T_MobileUStPPC.zip ( 29.95K ) Number of downloads: 2023

Unzip on your PC and move the enclosed CAB to you PPC via ActiveSync. You can place it in your /Temp folder. Click on the CAB to execute the T-Mobile Internet setup. This works for sure with the data plan and may be worth a try for T-Zones. Also, once installed, your settings may only need a minor tweaking to get T-Zones working. If it doesn't suit you, go to Settings>System >Remove Programs and it will have a selection to remove the CAB changes.

--------------------
Editor/Administrator MGN

+Quote Post
liqwid
post Jun 23 2006, 05:06 AM
Post #8

Member No.: 12,627
Phone: Cingular 8125
PocketPC: HTC

QUOTE (abatis @ Feb 21 2006, 09:05 PM) *
Let me know if it works for you. Thanks

I know this is an old post but this works great for me, thanks!

+Quote Post
YOUNGSTARS87
post Jul 20 2006, 01:52 AM
Post #9

Member No.: 12,925

QUOTE (abatis @ Feb 22 2006, 04:05 AM) *

What all does this help you do...

I'm ignorant of this whole situation.. could you PLEASE explain it to me?

+Quote Post
smeg36
post Jul 20 2006, 02:58 AM
Post #10

Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
Member No.: 1,045
Phone: HTC Touch
Carrier: Sprint/Nextel

This makes it so you can get online with a WM Smartphone through T-Mobile's T-Zones. If you have an unlocked phone on T-Mobile, you have to manuallyput the settings in to access the internet. The CABs do all that for you.

--------------------
Phone: Sprint Touch Pro

+Quote Post
YOUNGSTARS87
post Jul 20 2006, 05:30 PM
Post #11

QUOTE (smeg36 @ Jul 20 2006, 02:58 AM) *
This makes it so you can get online with a WM Smartphone through T-Mobile's T-Zones. If you have an unlocked phone on T-Mobile, you have to manuallyput the settings in to access the internet. The CABs do all that for you.

Again sorry for my ignorance......

Can you explain how to do this step by step using a MDA... please.

+Quote Post
smeg36
post Jul 20 2006, 05:44 PM
Post #12

Group Icon

Follow the directions in the 7th post on how to install the PPC CAB file.

--------------------

+Quote Post
YOUNGSTARS87
post Jul 20 2006, 07:36 PM
Post #13

QUOTE (smeg36 @ Jul 20 2006, 05:44 PM) *
Follow the directions in the 7th post on how to install the PPC CAB file.

So after I do the things on page 7 the internet will automatically do pages letting me check e-mails, IM (yahoo, msn) and go on real websites?

+Quote Post
smeg36
post Jul 20 2006, 09:50 PM
Post #14

Group Icon

It should. If it doesn't, the settings will just need to be tweaked a little from what is already in there. What IM program are you going to use? Agile? I'm not sure if IM works over T-Zones or not, that may be one of the things that doesn't. The Yahoo IM should work over the Yahoo WAP site though, http://wap.oa.yahoo.com.

--------------------

+Quote Post
YOUNGSTARS87
post Jul 20 2006, 11:30 PM
Post #15

QUOTE (smeg36 @ Jul 20 2006, 09:50 PM) *
It should. If it doesn't, the settings will just need to be tweaked a little from what is already in there. What IM program are you going to use? Agile? I'm not sure if IM works over T-Zones or not, that may be one of the things that doesn't. The Yahoo IM should work over the Yahoo WAP site though, http://wap.oa.yahoo.com.

What setting changes??

Also, I want to use msn messenger.... I need the internet, text messaging, and a great phone... should I just get the sidekick 3 or the MDA, and with which plan set up...

Please EVERYBODY tell me what you think....

(sorry I just have to make a decision soon, and don't want to waste money...)

+Quote Post
runningtiger
post Jul 21 2006, 12:21 AM
Post #16

Mobile Gadget Idol
Group Icon

Member No.: 11,486
Phone: HTC Wizard
Carrier: Alltel

QUOTE (YOUNGSTARS87 @ Jul 20 2006, 04:30 PM) *
...I need the internet, text messaging, and a great phone... should I just get the sidekick 3 or the MDA...
I was at a T-Mo store today and the sales person I was talking to was personally carrying the SDA. When I pointed to the MDA he said the "phone" part of that device was getting lots of complaints. One man's opinion...take it for what it's worth. The MDA cost more than the SDA so I would think he'd have incentive to push me towards the MDA, yet he did not. Also, it seems he could carry any of their phones that he wants to and he had the SDA in his pocket. Not sure if that's helpful, just thought I'd throw it into the mix.

Can't help you with anything else 'cuz our one T-Mo phone is on a corporate account so I don't know the details. I just know abatis' cab file that I downloaded from this sight worked perfectly and I can access normal web sites. That's using a Motorola MPx200 - so, it does not have T-Zones on it. I just go directly to whatever web site I want. I'm sure the plan it's set up on is a high level of service plan. Sorry, can't tell you more.

I would say though, YOU need to go to a T-Mo store and get YOUR hands on these devices you're considering and go from there. I don't know how anyone can tell you what device is best for YOU since you're looking at two different animals (MDA=PPC, SideKick=?).

Since one of your choices is the SideKick, then for sure you're gonna go T-Mo. The sales guy told me today that I could get the phone I thought I wanted and if I wasn't satisfied I'd have 30 days to return it. Maybe, you could get the one you're leaning towards and if it doesn't work out - trade for the other? Just an idea. No money is wasted that way.

Good luck!

--------------------
Devices: T-Mobile MDA (Cingular SIM), i-mate SP5m (sitting in a drawer at the moment while I attempt to migrate to PPC permanently), Cingular 3125 (unlocked and in use on T-Mobile), Motorola MPx220 (retired), Motorola MPx200 (retired)

Accessories: Plantronics Explorer 330 & 2G Patriot Micro-SD (use w/MDA), Kingston 2G mini-SD used in SP5m, Plantronics Discovery 640 & 2G San Disk micro-SD (use w/3125), Jabra A210 BT adapter + Motorola HS805 (retired)

+Quote Post
teds
post Aug 16 2006, 01:19 AM
Post #17

Member No.: 13,178

Thanks so much for the info. It worked well and easily on my new SDA. In fact it worked better than expected. I was only expecting the same text info as I got from the 6 dollar package but it looks like a full-blown web browser. This is good and bad. The full browser takes longer to load which is a problem in a fringe service area. Is there a way to get the more limited browser?

Also - the cab files put two new listings in my GPRS area. One is T-Mobile WAP and the other is T-Zones GPRS. The original T-Mobile GPRS is still there. What is the difference and am I supposed to choose 1 of these?

+Quote Post
abatis
post Aug 16 2006, 02:39 AM
Post #18

Site Administrator
Group Icon

I would try the WAP first. Make sure you set your browser options to WAP. It seems like T-Mobile is using the WAP as a universal access point. Since you have all the settings you have the options to try various setups. I just received the Windows Mobile 5 developer kit. I will be doing some new CABs in the near future.

--------------------
Editor/Administrator MGN

+Quote Post
FIREY JACK
post Aug 23 2006, 09:13 PM
Post #19

Member No.: 13,152

QUOTE (abatis @ Feb 22 2006, 04:05 AM) *

I have a unlocked mpx200 from AT&T. I have wm2005 on it and downloaded the cabs for T-mobile. Do you have to already have the t-zones plan for them to work.. I have done google searches and I see some things that suggest you can bypass signing up for the service. I can browse the net when I have the phone in the sync cradle using the usb modem..but cannot browse once it is disconnected. I have tried other GPRS settings i have seen on the web as well. Just want to know if anyone has settings for t-mobile that allow you to browse without having the service. thanks.

+Quote Post
teds
post Sep 6 2006, 11:12 PM
Post #20

Member No.: 13,178

As I mentioned in an earlier posting, this has worked very well. Do you have any idea if it will work internationally? If I keep the T-Mobile SIM card will I still be able to access the Internet with the T-Zone plan? On the T-Mobile web page, it says that there is a charge (.015 cents per KB) for international Internet access. I do not mind paying this but wonder if the charge applies to the Total Internet plan or the T-Zone plan. I also hope I can still access my email. I might get a local SIM card for phone calls.

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 10:27 PM