IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

5 Pages V  « < 3 4 5  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Trying to create WM5 for Everyone, but I need help, Need some help to crack it
DNA210audio
post Jan 8 2006, 12:45 AM
Post #81

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,938

Hello to everyone... biggrin.gif ...I have a question for you who have tried the WM5...What about the camera;... mellow.gif ...Does it work with WM5;...Because I saw that the WM5 use also the SD to boot...does this mean that there is no space into the main ram for anything else;...And if it is so what are the benefits of WM5 to sacrifice the camera;...I have my mpx200 for a year now and in the past I flashed the WM2003 but the phone was getting hot after a while and the battery lasted for a few hours...although it was nice using mp3 ringtones... rolleyes.gif ...great job you guys... wink.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
smeg36
post Jan 8 2006, 03:27 AM
Post #82

Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
Member No.: 1,045
Phone: HTC Touch
Carrier: Sprint/Nextel

No, the camera won't work. The SD card is part of the ROM/RAM in WM5. If you take it out, the phone freaks. You can't even access the Start Menu. You get the error "Can't Find ':MSStart' (or one of its components). Make sure the path and filename are correct adn that all the requires libraries are available." It does that with every program, so I'm sure the camera won't work.

The main improvement that I like the most is PIE. I really love being able to change the font size, and the full screen layout.

--------------------
Phone: Sprint Touch Pro

+Quote Post
DNA210audio
post Jan 8 2006, 12:29 PM
Post #83

Member No.: 10,938

But isn't there a program called homescreen designer that can change totally your interface;... huh.gif ...I don't know...I like the idea of having WM5 installed on my mpx200 but I would like even more if it could take same photos even with its external camera... rolleyes.gif ...I will wait for WM6 and see if they have solved this problem... biggrin.gif ...

+Quote Post
konker
post Jan 11 2006, 04:34 AM
Post #84

Member No.: 10,956
Phone: MPx200
Carrier: Other
PocketPC: HTC

Hi...am really interested in trying out the WM5 for SP on my MPx200.
It came preloaded with SP2003 (build 13349).
But what I really dislike is that I can't send MMS & the jMMS software that came with the SP2002 OS is not compatible with SP003.
Thru personal investigation, I discovered that the MMs capability is integrated into the OS at root level from SP2003SE onward(refer to screenshot of Windows Explorer of MS-AS in "\Windows" folder showing MMS...).
Can someone verify that?
It'll be great if it is cos that'll be well worth the while for the flashing to WM5.
I dun care for the use of the camera cos I dun need it.
Here're some screenshots I took from the SP2003SE Emulator by MS & the Windows Explorer for MS-AS.
Pls advice.

This post has been edited by konker: Jan 11 2006, 04:35 AM

+Quote Post
Geqxon
post Jan 11 2006, 02:16 PM
Post #85

Member No.: 10,887
Phone: MPx200
Carrier: Vodafone
PocketPC: Other

Just use notepad to make your own homescreen, its very easy. This is mine:

This way, I can put my cellphone up on the table, flip the screen open, and still watch the time even when the backlight is dimmed / off. Works like a charm!

CODE
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<home>
    <author>Geqxon</author>
    <contacturl>http://www.microsoft.com/</contacturl>
    <title>Custom</title>

<version>1.0</version>
    <default font-face="Segoe Condensed" font-size="14" font-weight="bold" padding-left="4" padding-right="4" bgcolor="transparent" fgcolor="COLOR_HOMETEXT" padding-top="2" b-border-color="COLOR_HOMERULE" b-border-width="1">
 <format state="selected" fgcolor="COLOR_HOMEHIGHLIGHTTEXT"/>
    </default>
    <background bgimage="\windows\WindowsMobile.jpg" valign="bottom" bgcolor="COLOR_TRAYGRADLEFT" />
    <scheme>
     <color name="COLOR_TRAYGRADLEFT" value="#2E97E3" />
 <color name="COLOR_HOMEHIGHLIGHT" value="#50A5E5" />
    </scheme>
    <plugin clsid="{837FC251-FE69-43ad-84E0-EBCEDEBA0884}" name="iconbar" height="20">
 <iconbar fgcolor="COLOR_TRAYTEXT"/>
 <background gradient="title" bgcolor="COLOR_TRAYGRADLEFT" b-border-color="COLOR_WINDOWFRAME"/>
    </plugin>
    <plugin clsid="{44FA0F8C-082F-42b4-BE49-82559F23D5D4}" name="clock" height="125">
 <time font-size="95" halign="center"/>
 <date font-size="50" y="75" halign="center"/>
    </plugin>
    <plugin clsid="{0BA8ABB8-1F1D-417f-88C6-DA8530E2E7A6}" name="missedcalls" height="18">
 <background>
     <format state="selected" bgcolor="COLOR_HOMEHIGHLIGHT"/>
 </background>
 <format state="nocall" visible="false"/>
 <label h="16">
     <text>Missed: <calls/></text>
 </label>
    </plugin>
    <plugin clsid="{4e822425-a00f-497c-80ff-1c554665a369}" name="cooltext" height="18">
 <scrolltext textsource="cellbroadcast"/>
 <background>
 </background>
    </plugin>
    <plugin clsid="{865A354A-4A96-4687-B001-C155DC0DBE76}" name="calendar" height="36">
 <background>
 </background>
 <label h="16">
     <text><subject/></text>
 </label>
 <label h="16" y="17">
     <text><time/> <location/></text>
 </label>
    </plugin>
</home>

This post has been edited by Geqxon: Jan 11 2006, 02:16 PM

+Quote Post
over2land
post Feb 1 2007, 12:36 AM
Post #86

Member No.: 14,551
Phone: MPx
Carrier: Alltel
PocketPC: Other
MP3 Player: Other

Sorry to bring an old thread back from the dead, but I'd like to do this same thing with an MPx300, but don't even know where to start.

I've asked the guy on ebay selling the MPx200 with WM5 questions, but haven't gotten an answer.

I'm not sure if it was darkoverlord, King Daddy or who figured this out, but (and here's the nooB part of this post) I tried PMing both and was told I wasn't allowed to do that on this forum. I was looking for some guidance with doing the same thing on the MPx300 and don't even know where to start.

Anyway, I'd appreciate any help on the subject.

Thanks.

+Quote Post
smeg36
post Feb 1 2007, 12:40 AM
Post #87

Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
Member No.: 1,045
Phone: HTC Touch
Carrier: Sprint/Nextel

You can't. Each WM5 image is specifically designed for that exact phone. If you try to put it on another phone, it will render it useless. The only way to get WM5 on a phone it wasn't released for is to pull it off a phone that has it already installed or have someone leak the image. The only way the MPx200 got it was because a WM5 image was created for the phone, then got leaked. The MPx300 was barely even released, let alone having a WM5 image leaked.

--------------------
Phone: Sprint Touch Pro

+Quote Post
ardec1
post Feb 8 2007, 04:35 PM
Post #88

Gadget Junkie

Member No.: 11,102
Phone: SX66/PDA2k
Carrier: Alltel
PocketPC: HTC
PMC: Other

QUOTE (over2land @ Jan 31 2007, 04:36 PM) *
Sorry to bring an old thread back from the dead, but I'd like to do this same thing with an MPx300, but don't even know where to start.

I've asked the guy on ebay selling the MPx200 with WM5 questions, but haven't gotten an answer.

I'm not sure if it was darkoverlord, King Daddy or who figured this out, but (and here's the nooB part of this post) I tried PMing both and was told I wasn't allowed to do that on this forum. I was looking for some guidance with doing the same thing on the MPx300 and don't even know where to start.

Anyway, I'd appreciate any help on the subject.

Thanks.

Don't even consider trying to install the WM5 for the MPx200 on an MPx300, you will end up with a paper weight.

If you want to try and modify a WM5 ROM for the MPx200 to work on your MPx300 I would start with the Chinese WM5 ROM and go from there.

You can find a lot of info about how to port a ROM at:

http://www.xda-developers.com

Look at the section for the Blue Angel, there are several paople who have ported a WM5 ROM to that device (it is also called a Siemens SX66 and it runs fantastic with WM5).

You could also try and roll a generic WM5 ROM in the ROM kitchen and use that as a starting point.

Good Luck.

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  « < 3 4 5
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 07:47 AM