ruff0120
post Oct 16 2006, 05:30 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,563
Phone: Cingular Blackjack
Carrier: Alltel

Greetings,

My nice 8125 will not charge at all (not via wall or vehcile). Actually, i shouldnt say that - it is sporadic at best when using a non-Cingular vehicle charger. Go figure.....

In examining the mini-USB port, i have noticed it has become loose. In looking at a newer version, ive noticed that there is a white.... protector(?) that surrounds the 5 pins on the port on the phone. If that was there on my phone, it isnt now.

My question to those who may know -->

1) is this something that i can repair (i do have some tech skills, no pro, but can handle some moderate to difficult jobs)...

2) is it something that can BE repaired?.... or....

3) do i now own a beautiful and expensive paper-weight.

Through searching websites, i have seen a place to which i can mail it in, and get it repaired by using OEM parts, at an initial cost of $60, plus $10 per lead (up to 5) that may need to be repaired. Dont want to do that JUST yet without exploring my options.

Thanks in advance.

- brian.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
buzz88
post Oct 17 2006, 12:31 AM
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,568
Phone: Cingular 8525
Carrier: Alltel
PocketPC: HTC
MP3 Player: Creative
PMC: Creative Zen

I have an 8125 and the one time that it lost all its juice, I noticed it would not take a charge using USB or wall also. Luckily I stumbled upon the fact that you have to leave it plugged into the wall outlet for at least 6-8 hours before it will finally recognize the charge.

Furthermore, once it boots up it stayed at the Windows Mobile splash screen for another 2 hours before finally accepting input.

Hope that helps. I guess your problem is either the same as above or truly a hardware malfunction.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 11:30 AM