IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 8125 vibrating alarm, ...it just feels dirty.
snaggle
post Jun 6 2006, 04:01 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,689
Phone: Cingular Blackjack
Carrier: Alltel
PocketPC: HTC

Yeah, so I am loving my new 8125, but there one thing that bugs me. The vibrating alarm lasts veeery long and is waaaay too strong. Is there a way to shorten the duration of the vibrating? It must last about 4-5 seconds at some points, I need the vibrating feature, but it is embarrassingly loud and often warbles in pitch.

This post has been edited by snaggle: Jun 6 2006, 04:03 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
runningtiger
post Jun 6 2006, 08:23 AM
Post #2

Mobile Gadget Idol
Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
Member No.: 11,486
Phone: HTC Wizard
Carrier: Alltel

ohmy.gif LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL...that "sub-subject" line is too funny! Is it so wrong to love your phone? cool.gif

Actually, I've noticed my MPx220 has a - how shall I say?..."vigorous" vibrate mode also. The first few times it went off I actually jumped! blink.gif YIKES! It's also loud if it's sitting on a desktop for example. In my pocket, not so much. Which pocket you ask? I'm not telling. tongue.gif A solution I found was to use the "vibrate and ring" ring type and select a short ring style. Then, when it vibrates, it matches whatever the ringtone is doing. If you need just the vibrate and not the ring sound also (other than the buzz sound) you'll also need to set the "ring volume" to "off".

I'm not sure that what I just typed was very clear so, let me try again. For instance, I have a couple ring tones that sound like old-fashioned telephones ringing. One rings like "ring-ring..PAUSE..ring-ring" and the other rings like "ring..PAUSE..ring..PAUSE..ring..PAUSE..ring". The vibration mode on the first one goes buzz-buzz..PAUSE..buzz-buzz" and the second one vibrates like "buzz..PAUSE..buzz..PAUSE..buzz..PAUSE..buzz". The ringtone I actually use is a snippet of music so there is no pause. The vibrate just buzzes for the entire 21 second ringtone. It's very satisfying...umm, I mean it really gets my attention! wink.gif

Have fun...ahem...I mean...good luck!

--------------------
Devices: T-Mobile MDA (Cingular SIM), i-mate SP5m (sitting in a drawer at the moment while I attempt to migrate to PPC permanently), Cingular 3125 (unlocked and in use on T-Mobile), Motorola MPx220 (retired), Motorola MPx200 (retired)

Accessories: Plantronics Explorer 330 & 2G Patriot Micro-SD (use w/MDA), Kingston 2G mini-SD used in SP5m, Plantronics Discovery 640 & 2G San Disk micro-SD (use w/3125), Jabra A210 BT adapter + Motorola HS805 (retired)

+Quote Post
ACQWELL
post Jan 18 2007, 01:26 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 14,576

I'm not sure that what I just typed was very clear so, let me try again. For instance, I have a couple ring tones that sound like old-fashioned telephones ringing. One rings like "ring-ring..PAUSE..ring-ring" and the other rings like "ring..PAUSE..ring..PAUSE..ring..PAUSE..ring". The vibration mode on the first one goes buzz-buzz..PAUSE..buzz-buzz" and the second one vibrates like "buzz..PAUSE..buzz..PAUSE..buzz..PAUSE..buzz". The ringtone I actually use is a snippet of music so there is no pause. The vibrate just buzzes for the entire 21 second ringtone. It's very satisfying...umm, I mean it really gets my attention!

I don't understand it

+Quote Post
earl
post Jan 18 2007, 03:43 PM
Post #4

Advanced Member

Member No.: 4,193
Phone: Cingular 8525
Carrier: AT&T Wireless/Cingular
PocketPC: HTC

You'll understand when you're older... wink.gif

This post has been edited by earl: Jan 18 2007, 03:44 PM

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 08:31 AM