Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Hard Rest
sclui56
post Nov 21 2004, 06:08 PM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,021

Not sure if this was posted before, but I couldn't find it anywhere whenI I searched for it. I have decided to sell to the A11, and am keeping the SMT5600 + MPx220 (for now):

How to perform a hard reset.

Question:

How do I perform a hard reset on my phone

Answer:

At times you may wish to reset you Voq Professional phone back factory settings or after performing a VoqUpdate, the Voq Professional Phone needs to have a IPSM (Intel Persistent Storage Manager - Personal User Storage) reset, also known as hard reset. This will insure that proper memory configuration is taken effect.

** WARNING: **

Performing a hard reset will remove data connection settings, third-party applications, user configured settings, contacts, calendar schedules, files, and will reset the VoqProfessional Phone to pre-configuration stage. i.e factory defaults.
Make sure that you have synchronized your files, contacts, emails, favorite urls, etc. As well, gathered your account information from your network operator.
The steps to perform

While the Voq Professional Phone turned off, remove the battery and then reinstall.
Flip-open QWERTY thumbpad.
Press and hold space key and simultaneously press and hold On/Off button until the Voq Professional Phone turns turns on completely (approximately 5 - 10 seconds). The space key and On/Off button may be released after a blue screen will appear stating
Factory Reset Mode!!!

Erasing flash...

<counting> Percent

Do not interrupt the Factory Reset until the Home screen appears. (approximately 3 minutes)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
abatis
post Nov 22 2004, 01:48 PM
Post #2

Site Administrator
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 626
Phone: Samsung i760
Carrier: Verizon
Secondary Carrier: Sprint
PocketPC: Other

Great tip sclui56. I geuss it is not widely known because the Voq is rock solid and does not need hardsets to repair poor programming and engineering like some of the others we see.

--------------------
Editor/Administrator MGN
MGN Making Your Windows Mobile Life Simpler

Main : Samsung i760 - Verizon

+Quote Post
sclui56
post Nov 23 2004, 06:41 AM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,021

Great tip sclui56.  I geuss it is not widely known because the Voq is rock solid and does not need hardsets to repair poor programming and engineering like some of the others we see.

You are absolutely correct in this statement, this is the first time I need to do a hard reset on the Voq myself.... Ongoing nightmare with the 220 F/W... yikes

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 07:44 PM