IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> How to get streaming videos?, anyone know?
vipa1887
post Jun 6 2006, 05:44 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,395
Phone: Cingular 8125
Carrier: AT&T Wireless/Cingular
PocketPC: None

it'd be cool to be able to watch streaming vids
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
smeg36
post Jun 6 2006, 05:48 PM
Post #2

Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
Member No.: 1,045
Phone: HTC Touch
Carrier: Sprint/Nextel

Try out www.orb.com. It will set up your PC to stream all your media to your phone. It works great.

--------------------
Phone: Sprint Touch Pro

+Quote Post
Someone99
post Jun 25 2006, 05:32 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 12,045
Phone: Cingular 8125
Carrier: T-Mobile
PocketPC: Other
MP3 Player: Other
PMC: Other

I have a different question on streaming media.

I got the SDA and it works fine in getting streaming audio (ie. radio stations) However, if anyone calls me while I am listening to streaming audio in media player, the call goes to voice mail and the phone never rings. The same thing happens whne I am browsing the web. I asked a friend who has a T-Mo MDA and he has the same problem.

When I am listening to audio stuff on the storage card and the phone rings, it works without problem.

Is this a Mobile Windows issue?

+Quote Post
runningtiger
post Aug 17 2006, 07:27 AM
Post #4

Mobile Gadget Idol
Group Icon

Member No.: 11,486
Phone: HTC Wizard
Carrier: Alltel

Doesn't seem to be a Windows Mobile issue. I just tried playing a radio stream (via wifi) and then browsing the web (via wifi & GPRS) while calling my phone at the same time. All three scenarios rang through without any problems.

My take on Orb is it works...sometimes. I wouldn't count on it. And, I wouldn't gather a group around to show them 'cuz we might be standing there a looooooooooooong time. It's pretty cool when it works, but more often than not I'm frustrated by it.

--------------------
Devices: T-Mobile MDA (Cingular SIM), i-mate SP5m (sitting in a drawer at the moment while I attempt to migrate to PPC permanently), Cingular 3125 (unlocked and in use on T-Mobile), Motorola MPx220 (retired), Motorola MPx200 (retired)

Accessories: Plantronics Explorer 330 & 2G Patriot Micro-SD (use w/MDA), Kingston 2G mini-SD used in SP5m, Plantronics Discovery 640 & 2G San Disk micro-SD (use w/3125), Jabra A210 BT adapter + Motorola HS805 (retired)

+Quote Post
GrYph0n
post Aug 23 2006, 01:33 AM
Post #5

Site Administrator
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,097
Phone: Other
Carrier: AT&T Wireless/Cingular
PocketPC: HTC
MP3 Player: Creative
PMC: Creative Zen
Google Talk ID: eric.d.jones (at) gmail.com

I've never had a problem with orb working...

--------------------
Eric Jones
Editor / Moderator
Mobile Gadget News
Staff Sergeant
United States Marine Corps, Infantry
Currently using an iPhone
My Gadget History : AT&T Tilt,
Cingular 3125, i-Mate Smartflip, G-Sat BT359W GPS, Parrot Rhythm n'Blue BT Car Stereo, Logitech Mobile Traveller, & ThinkOutside BT Keyboard

+Quote Post
runningtiger
post Aug 23 2006, 09:26 AM
Post #6

Mobile Gadget Idol
Group Icon

Member No.: 11,486
Phone: HTC Wizard
Carrier: Alltel

I just tried to play music files and it says locating followed by connecting. Then it says buffering at 0% for what feels like a long time, then it shows 6% then jumps to 24% then fails and I get a message saying

The server is busy or not responding. Try again later.

- OR -

Cannot play the file because a network error occurred.

- OR -

Your home PC is not connected to the Orb server.

- OR -

Your computer is asleep, lets send a wakeup command, OK your PC is on now (mind you, it never was asleep, I'm sitting here working on it all the while!) It goes through a speed detection and I'm back at my folders. Ready to go in this viscious cycle all over again...or, maybe it'll work this time? I can never tell.

And on and on. It's now 5 minutes later, I haven't heard a single song and I'm off to go stream something from thestreamcenter.com which works perfectly.

Came back to it a half an hour later and now Orb is working fine. That's how it's been for me. Sometimes it works fine and other times it just is a pain.

Viewing photos seems to work well. They're kind of small compared to the screen size, but it's cool to not have to actually carry them with you and to have access to your entire library on a whim.

Watching a small video (like a music video) works similar to the music experiment, only without all the error messages. It'll just be playing, then stop and if I hit play again it starts up again. It might play all the way through if I'm lucky.

I don't have any TV stuff to test.

So, all in all, a frustrating experience.

--------------------
Devices: T-Mobile MDA (Cingular SIM), i-mate SP5m (sitting in a drawer at the moment while I attempt to migrate to PPC permanently), Cingular 3125 (unlocked and in use on T-Mobile), Motorola MPx220 (retired), Motorola MPx200 (retired)

Accessories: Plantronics Explorer 330 & 2G Patriot Micro-SD (use w/MDA), Kingston 2G mini-SD used in SP5m, Plantronics Discovery 640 & 2G San Disk micro-SD (use w/3125), Jabra A210 BT adapter + Motorola HS805 (retired)

+Quote Post
conman
post Sep 16 2006, 07:44 AM
Post #7

Member No.: 13,325

anyone get orb with 5.99 plan wrking?

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 08:32 AM