> Internet Issue, Locking Up
KBT
post Jul 12 2007, 03:54 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 15,581
Phone: Cingular 3125
Carrier: AT&T Wireless/Cingular

When I try to log on certain web sites that are big, the phone locks up, and I have to re-start the phone. Also, If I'm able to get out of internet explorer without re-starting the phone, I won't be able to bring it back up without doing a re-start. It may be that the flash memory is not enough to access certain pages, but I was able to access the same pages with my Nokia 6682, and it had a lot less memory. I have the Cingular 3125. I also have a 2gig memory card inside. I don't want to exchange the phone if I can find a solution. Please help.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
abatis
post Jul 12 2007, 12:33 PM
Post #2

Site Administrator
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 626
Phone: Samsung i760
Carrier: Verizon
Secondary Carrier: Sprint
PocketPC: Other

Can you give an example of a site that locks you up? I could try going there with our 3125 and see what happens. Do you have extra programs loaded in phone memory or your expansion card?

--------------------
Editor/Administrator MGN
MGN Making Your Windows Mobile Life Simpler

Main : Samsung i760 - Verizon

+Quote Post
KBT
post Jul 12 2007, 02:30 PM
Post #3

QUOTE (KBT @ Jul 11 2007, 07:54 PM) *
When I try to log on certain web sites that are big, the phone locks up, and I have to re-start the phone. Also, If I'm able to get out of internet explorer without re-starting the phone, I won't be able to bring it back up without doing a re-start. It may be that the flash memory is not enough to access certain pages, but I was able to access the same pages with my Nokia 6682, and it had a lot less memory. I have the Cingular 3125. I also have a 2gig memory card inside. I don't want to exchange the phone if I can find a solution. Please help.

When I try and go to covers.com, or the profile page of myspace.com, the phone locks up. It loads most of the page but locks up when its almost loaded. I'm able to get on the sign in page of myspace, and I'm able to sign in and go to the home screen, but when I try to go to the profile of one of my friends, the phone locks up. For some reason I think it runs out of ram, or the browser or settings needs to be changed. I was able to go to all the sites with my nokia with a lot less memory. I have: 50.60 mb of free storage memory, and 24.91mb of free program memory, and 1.3 gb of free memory on my storage card. So I can't believe memory is the problem. Thank you for your help.

+Quote Post
KBT
post Jul 12 2007, 02:34 PM
Post #4

QUOTE (abatis @ Jul 12 2007, 04:33 AM) *
Can you give an example of a site that locks you up? I could try going there with our 3125 and see what happens. Do you have extra programs loaded in phone memory or your expansion card?

When I try and go to covers.com, or the profile page of myspace.com, the phone locks up. It loads most of the page but locks up when its almost loaded. I'm able to get on the sign in page of myspace, and I'm able to sign in and go to the home screen, but when I try to go to the profile of one of my friends, the phone locks up. For some reason I think it runs out of ram, or the browser or settings needs to be changed. I was able to go to all the sites with my nokia with a lot less memory. I have: 50.60 mb of free storage memory, and 24.91mb of free program memory, and 1.3 gb of free memory on my storage card. So I can't believe memory is the problem. Thank you for your help.

+Quote Post
smeg36
post Jul 12 2007, 03:00 PM
Post #5

Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
Member No.: 1,045
Phone: HTC Touch
Carrier: Sprint/Nextel

You can't even go to these sites after you power cycle and have the 24MB of RAM? As you use the phone the RAM (Program Memory) will get lower and a lockup when loading a large page is more likely. But if it does it right after a power cycle, when you have the 24MB free, then that definitely shouldn't happen. Alternately, you could try out a different browser, like Opera Mobile. They have a free beta version that'll work until Oct. 1st.

--------------------
Phone: Sprint Touch Pro

+Quote Post
KBT
post Jul 12 2007, 03:21 PM
Post #6

QUOTE (smeg36 @ Jul 12 2007, 07:00 AM) *
You can't even go to these sites after you power cycle and have the 24MB of RAM? As you use the phone the RAM (Program Memory) will get lower and a lockup when loading a large page is more likely. But if it does it right after a power cycle, when you have the 24MB free, then that definitely shouldn't happen. Alternately, you could try out a different browser, like Opera Mobile. They have a free beta version that'll work until Oct. 1st.

Thank's, I'll give it a try.

+Quote Post
KBT
post Jul 12 2007, 03:29 PM
Post #7

QUOTE (KBT @ Jul 12 2007, 07:21 AM) *
Thank's, I'll give it a try.

Question, When I went to download the opera browser, it asks me to choose my device. Should I choose: All Devices (CAB) or All Devices (MSI)? I don't want to download the wrong one for my 3125, thanks.

+Quote Post
abatis
post Jul 12 2007, 04:24 PM
Post #8

Site Administrator
Group Icon

I like the way Opera including mini renders sites even ours. For instance it will automatically roll up our main menu and if you want to expand it you just click on the little icon. Very slick and no need to use the low resolution version. Good luck KBT. On the download. The CAB version should be placed on your phone and expanded there. The MSI installer goes on your PC and you can install using the ActiveSync connection.

--------------------
Editor/Administrator MGN

+Quote Post
KBT
post Jul 12 2007, 05:16 PM
Post #9

QUOTE (abatis @ Jul 12 2007, 08:24 AM) *
I like the way Opera including mini renders sites even ours. For instance it will automatically roll up our main menu and if you want to expand it you just click on the little icon. Very slick and no need to use the low resolution version. Good luck KBT. On the download. The CAB version should be placed on your phone and expanded there. The MSI installer goes on your PC and you can install using the ActiveSync connection.

Works like a charm. Looks like the internet explorer on the phone has limitations. Thanks again for all your help. Opera's the bomb.

+Quote Post
KBT
post Jul 13 2007, 10:31 AM
Post #10

QUOTE (KBT @ Jul 12 2007, 09:16 AM) *
Works like a charm. Looks like the internet explorer on the phone has limitations. Thanks again for all your help. Opera's the bomb.

I have another question. I notice since I downloaded Opera mobile, I can't access any of the Cingular media web sites from the phone. Is there a way I can configure the unit to access the other sites with different access points? I would like to be able to use a different access point for Internet Explorer, Opera, and the Cingular media sites without manually changing the access point when I want to use different browsers if possible, thanks.

+Quote Post
abatis
post Jul 13 2007, 12:48 PM
Post #11

Site Administrator
Group Icon

If you are just looking for the medianet portal enter this address in your browser and save it to favorites. http://infospace.com/infow.sbcw/

You can make it your home if you like.

--------------------
Editor/Administrator MGN

+Quote Post
KBT
post Jul 13 2007, 04:55 PM
Post #12

QUOTE (abatis @ Jul 13 2007, 04:48 AM) *
If you are just looking for the medianet portal enter this address in your browser and save it to favorites. http://infospace.com/infow.sbcw/

You can make it your home if you like.

I'll try it. Thanks again.

+Quote Post
KBT
post Jul 13 2007, 05:19 PM
Post #13

QUOTE (KBT @ Jul 13 2007, 08:55 AM) *
I'll try it. Thanks again.

Hi, it dosn't seem to work. When I try to access the page, I get a message stating: (Could not connect to remote server). On my nokia 6682, I could set default access points for different browsers. Is there anyway to do this on the 3125? It seems that I have to use the WAP access point to go to the media net sites. I want to be able to set the access points once, so I can just use the different browsers without changing the access points everytime. Unless there's another way to access the media net sites. Thanks.

+Quote Post
smeg36
post Jul 13 2007, 09:03 PM
Post #14

Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
Member No.: 1,045
Phone: HTC Touch
Carrier: Sprint/Nextel

Wht happens when you set your internet connection settings to Automatic? You may need to disconnect fromt the data connection before loading a different site to see if it'll use different settings or not. I'm not sure if that'll work, but it's worth a try.

--------------------
Phone: Sprint Touch Pro

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 06:04 PM