IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Dead MPx220, I think I killed my phone!
Patrick Kellow
post Apr 14 2006, 01:34 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 11,750
Phone: MPx220
Carrier: Alltel
PocketPC: None

I just recently aquired a new cingular locked MPx220, and was messing around with ROM updates last night. I finally decided on the Cingular 1.43 rom. Here is the dilema, I woke up this morning everything was fine, took a shower and then came back and looked at the phone and it would not pick up service (normally where I live I have full service) so I tried reflashing the rom. Well that has yet to work only the generic 1.29 rom will finish all the way through and everything says that it is sucessfull, however when I power on the phone I get the following error.

MDSXL-4-3280.XL
Download incompletely

Can someone point me in the correct direction of what to do in order to get this phone up and running? Thanks very much!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
smeg36
post Apr 14 2006, 02:50 AM
Post #2

Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
Member No.: 1,045
Phone: HTC Touch
Carrier: Sprint/Nextel

Was the ROM you flashed it with a Cingular or AT&T branded one? I'd get the Motorola Online Updater and follow the directions to flash the ROM with the most recent official one from the Motorola website. The bootloader should still be intact if you are able to turn it on and get a message, which means you should be able to resurrect it with a reflash of a different ROM.

--------------------
Phone: Sprint Touch Pro

+Quote Post
Patrick Kellow
post Apr 14 2006, 03:38 AM
Post #3

QUOTE (smeg36 @ Apr 13 2006, 10:50 PM) *
Was the ROM you flashed it with a Cingular or AT&T branded one? I'd get the Motorola Online Updater and follow the directions to flash the ROM with the most recent official one from the Motorola website. The bootloader should still be intact if you are able to turn it on and get a message, which means you should be able to resurrect it with a reflash of a different ROM.

I tried what you told me to do unfortunately it wont work. As soon as I power on the device it says what I posted above. I hope there is some way to get this fixed please help!

+Quote Post
smeg36
post Apr 14 2006, 04:19 AM
Post #4

Group Icon

To clarify, you flashed with the Onlne Updater and still get that message, or weren't able to flash because you got that message?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Patrick Kellow
post Apr 14 2006, 02:04 PM
Post #5

QUOTE (smeg36 @ Apr 14 2006, 12:19 AM) *
To clarify, you flashed with the Onlne Updater and still get that message, or weren't able to flash because you got that message?

was not able to flash because of the message. Thank you again for all of your help.

+Quote Post
smeg36
post Apr 14 2006, 03:44 PM
Post #6

Group Icon

You shouldn't need to turn the phone on to flash, so that message should be a moot point. What happens when you take the battery out and connect your phone to your PC while pressing the left direction of the d-pad? If you PC recognizes it, you can flash the phone.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Patrick Kellow
post Apr 14 2006, 08:10 PM
Post #7

QUOTE (smeg36 @ Apr 14 2006, 11:44 AM) *
You shouldn't need to turn the phone on to flash, so that message should be a moot point. What happens when you take the battery out and connect your phone to your PC while pressing the left direction of the d-pad? If you PC recognizes it, you can flash the phone.

thank you so much for you help. ! FIXED IT!!! I downloaded the Cingular 1.30 ROM and flashed it and back to life it came. So now my next question would be which ASIAN ROM would you suggest me to Flash it with? I have heard 3.45 is the best after a few reg hacks? Any ideas?

+Quote Post
asael2
post Mar 26 2007, 11:02 PM
Post #8

Member No.: 15,250

QUOTE (Patrick Kellow @ Apr 14 2006, 03:10 PM) *
thank you so much for you help. ! FIXED IT!!! I downloaded the Cingular 1.30 ROM and flashed it and back to life it came. So now my next question would be which ASIAN ROM would you suggest me to Flash it with? I have heard 3.45 is the best after a few reg hacks? Any ideas?

I having this problem now, and have flash it with some other roms and nothing happend, please somebody can helpme with the 1.30 cingular rom? sad.gif

I'm so sad I think I lost my phone... help!!!! please

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 09:18 AM