AngelLeah
post Jul 27 2006, 12:09 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,996
Phone: Cingular Blackjack
Carrier: Alltel
PocketPC: HTC

My phone is driving me crazy. This is the third phone I've had and I still cant get it to do a couple things. (I've exchanged it twice.) I've been on hold with cingular for days -literally- and cant get any help. I cant get some of my themes to work and it most definatly wont do any animated themes. It just shows the default blue screen when I set it through settings-today. I purchased them from handango and am trying to get a refund on them as we speak. They are made especially for my phone. The other thing that is driving me crazy is I want to put some of my music files on the phone and use them in the sounds and notification....example : for calander reminders, alarms, missed calls, voice mails, etc etc. When I go into the sounds and notifications and then to notifications i have a drop down menu of sounds I can choose from. I guess I'm trying to figure out how to get my music files in there. Also, I havent seen where you can even change the way the alarm sounds. I am having alot of problems with my phone but if I could just get these two things resolved I would be SO HAPPY. Please help.
Angel Leah
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
jadams951
post Jul 27 2006, 05:15 AM
Post #2

Member No.: 9,067
PocketPC: Dell
PMC: Other

QUOTE (AngelLeah @ Jul 26 2006, 07:09 PM) *
My phone is driving me crazy. This is the third phone I've had and I still cant get it to do a couple things. (I've exchanged it twice.) I've been on hold with cingular for days -literally- and cant get any help. I cant get some of my themes to work and it most definatly wont do any animated themes. It just shows the default blue screen when I set it through settings-today. I purchased them from handango and am trying to get a refund on them as we speak. They are made especially for my phone. The other thing that is driving me crazy is I want to put some of my music files on the phone and use them in the sounds and notification....example : for calander reminders, alarms, missed calls, voice mails, etc etc. When I go into the sounds and notifications and then to notifications i have a drop down menu of sounds I can choose from. I guess I'm trying to figure out how to get my music files in there. Also, I havent seen where you can even change the way the alarm sounds. I am having alot of problems with my phone but if I could just get these two things resolved I would be SO HAPPY. Please help.
Angel Leah

1. Take a breath and relax you have an awesome phone.

2. Not sure on the home screen thing yet but I'll play with my phone and get back with you.

3. To use your own files as notifications they must be in .wav format and put anywhere in the windows folder.

4. I haven't used the alarm yet so I'll have to play with it and figure it out.

You aren't having problems with your phone you are just trying to do things you don't know how to do.

+Quote Post
AngelLeah
post Jul 27 2006, 05:29 AM
Post #3

Thanks. I'm trying .... to.... breathe. ha ha. I'm just so FRUSTRATED. Well, at least the ringtones are working. I'd REALY be upset if that wasnt working to. Ok, I used mp3 to ringtone gold and clicked on "save as wav". I just put it in "my music" and it didnt automatically put it in the sounds and notifications drop down menu and it wont let me add it from the notifications window either. I hope you can help me. I am using the cingular 8125 pocket pc. The theme that I just tried to put on my phone is at this address. I dont know how to check it to see which one it is. These are made specifically for my phone. THank you.
AngelLeah

http://www.handango.com/PlatformProductDet...23&R=187423

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR TRYING TO HELP ME. I am about to EXPLODE. THank you.
AngelLeah

This post has been edited by AngelLeah: Jul 27 2006, 09:27 AM

+Quote Post
jadams951
post Jul 27 2006, 10:44 AM
Post #4

Member No.: 9,067
PocketPC: Dell
PMC: Other

QUOTE (AngelLeah @ Jul 27 2006, 12:29 AM) *
Thanks. I'm trying .... to.... breathe. ha ha. I'm just so FRUSTRATED. Well, at least the ringtones are working. I'd REALY be upset if that wasnt working to. Ok, I used mp3 to ringtone gold and clicked on "save as wav". I just put it in "my music" and it didnt automatically put it in the sounds and notifications drop down menu and it wont let me add it from the notifications window either. I hope you can help me. I am using the cingular 8125 pocket pc. The theme that I just tried to put on my phone is at this address. I dont know how to check it to see which one it is. These are made specifically for my phone. THank you.
AngelLeah

http://www.handango.com/PlatformProductDet...23&R=187423

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR TRYING TO HELP ME. I am about to EXPLODE. THank you.
AngelLeah

Hmmmm...I double checked and they are .wav files I have and they are in the windows folder. You did confirm they are in that file correct? Also, the same .wav files I have in the windows folder show up as alarm rings on my phone. So I would say to put the same .wav files in the same windows folder on your phone and they should show up. To change the alarm rings just go to settings/system/clock & alarms then click on more tab to get to a drop down menu showing all the alarm types.

Now when I want to change the today screen background I just hold down the stylus on my pic and then select set as background or whatever it's called.

Now concerning your today screen theme. This is what it says on Handango on that link you posted...

"You'll need FlashThemes Player, FlashDash, or FlashThemes Pro"

This post has been edited by jadams951: Jul 27 2006, 10:46 AM

+Quote Post
smeg36
post Jul 27 2006, 02:13 PM
Post #5

Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
Member No.: 1,045
Phone: HTC Touch
Carrier: Sprint/Nextel

Personally for rings and notifications I prefer to use WMA format because it is a much smaller file size. To get them to show up as rings you can place them in the Windows folder like jadams said, or you can put them in the Windows/Rings folder if you want them sorted from the rest of the material in the Windows folder. I think the problem may be having them placed in My Music. If it's in that folder, the phone sorts it as music, not rings. I know I personally wouldn't want every single song on my device appearing as an optional ring. That's why it doesn't show the files in the My Music folder I believe. If you place them in the correct folder or subfolder, they will show up. I'd also recommend trimming them down to 15-20 seconds. Files larger than that will take a long time to load when a call comes in. The call may have already gone to voicemail by the time it rings if the files are too long.

--------------------
Phone: Sprint Touch Pro

+Quote Post
AngelLeah
post Aug 2 2006, 04:40 AM
Post #6

[/b] jadams951[/b]
"You did confirm they are in that file correct?"
They are in the "my music" file - yes....if that's what you're asking.

"I would say to put the same .wav files in the same windows folder on your phone and they should show up."
I cant find the folder the alarm and notifications are in except for the drop down menu in the "sounds and notifications" folder.

"To change the alarm rings just go to settings/system/clock & alarms then click on more tab to get to a drop down menu showing all the alarm types."
When I got to Settings-system/clock and alarms/ and then click on the "more" tab all it has in ther is a box to be checked or unchecked and the option is "Display the clock on te title bar in al programs. There is no drop down menu or any other options. It is also this way when I click on the date and time bar from the main page....same location ...just two different ways to get to it....but I tried both just in case.

"You'll need FlashThemes Player, FlashDash, or FlashThemes Pro" OH MY GOODNESS....maybe there is still some hope. ha ha. You're a GENIOUS!!! ha ha. I'm definatly going to need a memory card now. biggrin.gif

smeg36 ,
ooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhh! Ok, now I have discovered where windows is at. I looked in the Windows/Rings folder and it didnt have any of the notifications or alarms in it BUT they are individually in the actual "Windows". I tried to copy the file and paste it in "windows" and it only gives me these options - "cut, copy, rename, and delete. There is not a paste option. so what do i do now? THANK YOU!! for helping me! biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by AngelLeah: Aug 2 2006, 05:04 AM

+Quote Post
omega2008
post Aug 2 2006, 10:00 PM
Post #7

Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
Member No.: 7,026
Phone: Cingular 8525
Carrier: AT&T Wireless/Cingular

Highlight the item you want to move to the \Windows folder, now tap and hold on the item and a menu will appear, select cut. Naviagate to the \Windows folder and tap Menu, Edit, Paste. There ya go the file is now moved from its current location to the \Windows folder. This proceddure can be used to move any file to any location. If you want to put a copy of a file in another location use the Copy command instead of Cut. It works just like Cut, Copy, and Paste on your Windows Based computer, instead of right clicking you tap and hold on PPC devices.

--------------------
Support the Windows Mobile Community! Become a Subscriber

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 11:43 PM