> Wifi 802.11 b/g performance on 8125
Raitian
post Mar 20 2006, 07:12 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 11,547
Phone: Cingular Blackjack
Carrier: Alltel

Current users of 8125, can anybody share your experience abt the Wifi 802.11 b/g performance.

Since we have Windows Mobile O/S on this phone, and with wifi connectivity, I wonder if there's anything in place that to keep viruses or email worms at large. With windows we always know what happens.
I just thought of getting some inputs on these.

And lastly, can somebody let me know some sites/stores which offer this phone without cingular contract.

Thanks
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
muchomorek
post Mar 20 2006, 08:13 AM
Post #2

Hardcore Gadget Junkie

Member No.: 2,186
Phone: HTC Wizard
Carrier: AT&T Wireless/Cingular
PocketPC: HP iPAQ
PMC: Other

And lastly, can somebody let me know some sites/stores which offer this phone without cingular contract.

EBAY

This post has been edited by muchomorek: Mar 20 2006, 08:14 AM

--------------------
iPhone 3GS
SP5
Holux GR-236 Bluetooth GPS
MPx200

+Quote Post
smeg36
post Mar 20 2006, 03:23 PM
Post #3

Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
Member No.: 1,045
Phone: HTC Touch
Carrier: Sprint/Nextel

Without a Cingular contract your options are limited. I hear telesales can help, or ebay as muchomorek suggested. As for virus', don't be worried about them yet. They are theoretically possible on the Windows Mobile platform, but I haven't ever seen a single instance of anyone ever contracting one.

--------------------
Phone: Sprint Touch Pro

+Quote Post
jaward
post Apr 21 2006, 07:05 PM
Post #4

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,206
Phone: Palm Treo
PocketPC: HTC

I just picked up my 8125 the other day. So far I really love it. The Cingular store will be happy to sell it to you at full price. I think they sell it for 449. As for WIFI, it only has 802.11 B...no G. no where on the box does it say G...just B. The Wifi drains the battery fast but who cares when u can just plug it in at a internet cafe etc and go as long as you want. I wanted a device like this for a long time with the WiFi. I got tired of pulling out my whole laptop and booting it up just to check a few emails etc.

+Quote Post
Pigpaw3
post Jul 2 2006, 02:48 AM
Post #5

Member No.: 9,481
PocketPC: None

QUOTE (Raitian @ Mar 20 2006, 03:12 AM) *
Current users of 8125, can anybody share your experience abt the Wifi 802.11 b/g performance.

Since we have Windows Mobile O/S on this phone, and with wifi connectivity, I wonder if there's anything in place that to keep viruses or email worms at large. With windows we always know what happens.
I just thought of getting some inputs on these.

Thanks

Using my 8125 for a month now and love it. I go through a lot of airports, get near a hotspot turn on wifi, and bam my email is sent and received in a few sec. I have ATT w/ no Cing data plan. Still learning the phone but almost have everything setup for one hand operation. I am happy with it.

+Quote Post
jadams951
post Jul 2 2006, 03:52 AM
Post #6

Member No.: 9,067
Carrier: Alltel
PocketPC: Dell
PMC: Other

QUOTE (jaward @ Apr 21 2006, 02:05 PM) *
I just picked up my 8125 the other day. So far I really love it. The Cingular store will be happy to sell it to you at full price. I think they sell it for 449. As for WIFI, it only has 802.11 B...no G. no where on the box does it say G...just B. The Wifi drains the battery fast but who cares when u can just plug it in at a internet cafe etc and go as long as you want. I wanted a device like this for a long time with the WiFi. I got tired of pulling out my whole laptop and booting it up just to check a few emails etc.

You can get it to connect to a G router you have to do a registry hack.

+Quote Post
omega2008
post Jul 4 2006, 06:23 PM
Post #7

Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
Member No.: 7,026
Phone: Cingular 8525

You are correct there is a registry hack for this, its in the Cingular 8125 FAQ's

--------------------
Support the Windows Mobile Community! Become a Subscriber

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 02:31 AM