Group: Senior Admin
Member No.: 1
Phone: Cingular Blackjack
Carrier: AT&T Wireless/Cingular
PocketPC: HTC
MP3 Player: iPod Nano
PMC: Creative Zen
Google Talk ID: murphy dot sean at g mail dot com

Hello, my name is Sean and I am a phoneoholic. I think it is about time, we have been operating here for 2 months (and a wild two months it has been). I will tell you who I am, who are all of you people?

A anti-hobbits tale:
By Sean Murphy

My name is Sean Murphy, I am a 32 year old husband and father of 1 and 7/9 kids. I live in Endicott, NY with my wife Melanie and daughter Emily with a new baby on the way, due in 8 weeks. The reason I say the anti-hobbit is that I am 6'4" 320lb guy, not a hobbit.

I spend my days working at my day job that for job-security reasons has to stay out of this post and work as an Applications Engineer. Basically I work for a company that builds robotic assembly cells. I help customers integrate automation into their factory. My machines build the products you use every day (including the MPx200). It's a guess, but I would have to say that 60% of the the cell phones in the world have been built with my machines.

I don't actually work on the site all day like it may seem, many of the stories you see are scheduled to run when they do and I try very hard to only hit the site during lunch and the occasional break.

After work, I stay very busy with the whole family thing and keeping the little 3 bedroom house in working order. I love my wife and kids. My current daughter Emily who is 2 and 1/2 is the smartest kid you have ever met. I know, all parents say that but she really is. She can spell her own name and mommy, she can recite a dozen books nearly word for word, she knows here alphabet, 15-20 colors, 12 shapes, and she has 5 toy cell phones. Did I mention that she is the cutest kid in the world too?

My wife Melanie is a high school art teacher (how she puts up with high school kids is beyond me) and she is due to have a baby girl on February 27th. The level of excitement is high as you can imagine.

I am an early adopter and I do the best I can to help the economy by buying every toy I can and can not afford. I am a DVD collector and have 4 players around the house. I have a RC-10 truck (remote control), a massive wood shop in what was once a 2 car garage, a mountain of ski gear, and lets not forget phones, PDAs, computers, satellite dish, DVR, surround sound, big screen, on and on and on (and an alarm system, don't start casing the joint) I love gadgets and technology and I take advantage of technology. I can go days without touching a pen, it is a paperless world.

I love music, I played in bands for years in my youth, I was a drummer in a heavy metal band. Right now on my phone I have 14 albums comprised of the bands; Soundgarden, Disturbed, Candlebox, Puddle of Mud, Godsmack, Linkin Park, Dream Theater, Metallica, Steve Vai, Joe Satraini, Eminem, and Creed. It is quite a variety so shuffle mode is a real shock to your system.

I love movies, I have seen the Return of the King 3 times in the theater including once at an IMAX. I own both versions of each of the two LOTR movies so far and have probably spent 90 hours of my life watching them. I subscribe to Netflix and usually see 10-15 movies per month (a usual night at the Murphy house has family time until 8:30 when either the wife or I get the kid to sleep and then it's movies and MPx200.org until 11:00 or midnight. My top to favorite movies are in order:

LOTR: The Return of the King
LOTR: The Two Towers
LOTR: The Fellowship of the ring
Something About Mary
Me, Myself, and Irene
No Escape
Monty Python: The Holy Grail
Pitch Black
Jurassic Park
Austin Powers: Goldmember

I don't have a landline phone in my house. We use RoadRunner for Internet access and only cell phones for communication. It works well for us and after living like this for over a year, I wouldn't want it any other way.

I have been creating web sites since 1997 when I launched PCFuel.com, a dismal attempt at a PC hardware tech site, it got no traffic and now buzz no matter how hard I tried. I sold the domain to a domain name head hunter for $1000 and mover on with my life (he has yet to re-sell it). I moved on to launch an online Kite Store, a website about Web Developers called MasterDevelopers.com, online shops, I even sponsored a Nascar Craftsman Series Supertruck for a race from one of my sites. I freelanced web design for 6-10 months and built a dozen sites for local companies and had fun doing it but when my daughter was born in 2001, I shut everything down to be a dad.

This is my first venture into a web-site since then. I ordered my MPx the first day they were available from AT&T and had it the next day. I fell in love with this phone immediately and searched the internet for a site like this one and couldn't find anything. I registered the domain name on a Friday, put the site on my server over the weekend and on Monday launched the site. It has really taken off thanks to all of you.

Since launching this site I have talked 5 of my friends into buying the MPx200. It's funny at a party with these folks, there have been a few occasions where 4 if use have all been there like a bunch of geeks with our MPxs all in a row. They all come to me and ask me how to do this and how to do that. I keep telling them to hit the site and see, if it is not there one of you will help out. They still call. That is why I don't publish my phone number here.

My interests in life... My family is real important, my phone and this site are big in my life, I love my SCOTTeVEST, I love my surround sound, I love to Ski, I love to work on my Jet lathe. This all keeps me way too busy. I try to do everything I can here but sometimes I don't have time to even cruse the forums for a day.

The future...

I can see convergent technology taking over, the days of the single device are just beginning. Look for phones with more features, more memory, higher resolution, and tons more from the software community.

This site will do well, I can see the potential of this site and this community, you all make it great. I think we will have to probably drop the device specific name at some point and go a little more broad based, I have mpx200.org, mpx220.org, and sph-i600.org but I don't want to have to change every 10 minutes when a new model of phone is released. (Also it won't be long before someone snipes one before I can get it.)

I am talking with a guy who is one of the premier web human-factors/usability guys in the world (not Jakob but in the ballpark). We are talking about bringing him on board and working together to provide human-factors/usability consulting services. This is pretty exciting to me because I would love to help influence the hardware and software being made right now and see if we can't make this stuff really intuitive and easy to use. We also would look for focus groups and testers which may involve some of you.

I have developed a PDA case concept and pitched it to a major case manufacturer. They love it and are in the pre-production phase right now. If this goes well, I will bring more ideas to them. I would love to work myself to a place where I could do telecommunications consulting, web sites, usability work, and invention full time. Probably not in 2004 but who knows, I am working on it.

This has certainly turned into a book, oh well. If you made it this far congratulations.

--------------------
Sean Murphy
Editor
Mobile Gadget News

Main Devices - Cingular 8125, Sony/Ericsson GC83 Edge Card, PSP, Creative ZEN PMC, iPod Nano, Mobile Crossing BT GPS
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
lmarquina
post Dec 30 2003, 08:03 PM
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 840

Woowww!!!You seem to be a very busy and very smart guy , congratulations for this site , it's excellent!!!
Keep going Sean!!!

Luis Marquina.

+Quote Post
nbercasio
post Dec 30 2003, 09:07 PM
Post #3

Super Moderator

Member No.: 593
Phone: MPx200
Carrier: AT&T Wireless/Cingular

Love your site Sean. I checked this site a lot to read any new news about MPX200 or to help any users about their MPX200. I love my phone - best phone so far..

About me, my name is Norman Bercasio alias nbercasio. I work for USA TODAY IT department as a programmer/analysyt using Microsoft .net technology. I downloaded the SDK for Smartphone 2002/2003 so when I have free time I might design/develop my own apps for Smartphone. I develop web apps for USA TODAY located in McLean VA.

I am married to lovely woman, Cristina Sanchez from Spain. This is the reason you will see the thread about us being in Europe testing and using our MPX200. It is not yet in Spain so a lot of people were amazed to see a cell phone with Microsoft products.

Hope your site will be featured in the Life Section of USA TODAY if or when they review MPX200 in the tech section.

+Quote Post
kcwester
post Dec 31 2003, 03:21 AM
Post #4

Member No.: 94

Hi Sean
Your site is great. My name is Cheryl and I'm a high school math and computer teacher. I am the one that all the teachers go to for info and help and constantly need to have the latest gadget. Currently, I use the MPx200, the Pocket PC Phone Edition, and an HP 5555. I have a laptop, tablet, and a PC. I finally broke down and now have satellite connection as we live in the sticks where they don't believe in cable or DSL.

I am married and the proud mother of three. My middle child is getting married on Saturday and I couldn't be happier for him-he is getting a wonderful wife.

I spend to long on the Internet and my goal for the year is to build a web site where I can do the mother thing and brag about my husband and children in addition to sharing my hobbies of computers, PDAs, cell phones, sewing, reading, etc.

I plan to refer to this site often as it has a vast amount of knowledge from vary intelligent people.

+Quote Post
Thor
post Dec 31 2003, 05:55 AM
Post #5

Hardcore Gadget Junkie

Member No.: 328
Phone: MPx220
Carrier: Alltel
PocketPC: Other

Hello,

I actually stumbled upon this site while looking for a good site about the mpx200...I was doing my research and tried mpx200.org and BAM!, found a great site with a good developing community.

My name is Derek, I'm 24, single, and live near Chicago. I work as a Network Administrator for a small but very fast growing Collection Agency (all of our major offices have doubled in size in the past year, or will be doing so shortly). My job is basically Help Desk work but I do some stuff with servers (that's why I'm called a Network Administrator). I love my job (I love fixing computers) and my boss as he provides one ^*&& of an environment to work in, though our whole group (my boss included) gets paid a fraction of what we're worth (about half for me). He just announced today that Fridays will now be the department's game day. The past two weeks has been very little work due to the holidays so we've been mostly playing games in the afternoons. Did I say I love my job?

My life is computers.

I had a cell phone that did little more than make calls and act as a calculator, this is why I decided to get an mpx200. I already had a Palm m505 but the hotsyncing ability has been broke for about a year now (hopefully to be replaced soon under the current class action lawsuit against Palm), so I decided to drop it and the cellphone and grab a ^*&& of a smartphone.

I'm involved in a couple of organizations related to computers, the first being Lanaholics Incorporated, NFP. While I resigned from staff this past Fall I still stay active in the organization and at the events. Lanaholics throws LAN Parties, where we setup a computer network in a banquet room of some hotel or banquet hall and play games for 1-2 days straight. It's a lot of fun not only because of the games, but also because of the fact that when you talk to someone you know that they are on the same level as you when it comes to computers. It's a great place to network in the IT field, as I found out when I was hired by my Boss, a fellow gamer I became friends with at the events before I was hired.

The other organization is actually a website, Virtual-Hideout.net. VH is a computer modification website ranging from overclocking to modifying the looks of our beasts. I am an avid computer modder and have done a few of my own cases, though due to my current job's pay that has been severely limited, this has also limited my involvement in the site. I'm currently working on my next design though, in hopes that my upcoming 1 year performance review will lead to a decent raise...

I am also a DVD Collector, though it has also been severly limited due to my currect job.

I love computers, the internet, trucks, muscle cars, and speed (which I do frequently on the Chicago expressways). Currently my favorite computer game is Need For Speed Underground, but I also play EVE Online as "Thunder God".

I listen to pretty much anything except for most rap, country (there are a few artists I like), and country western. My favorite bands include Metallica, Powerman 5000, and Korn among others.

My favorite movies include (not necessarily in this order, though the LOTRs, Matrixes, and Fight Club are in their correct spots):
LOTR: Return of the King (saw it at a midnight the Tuesday it was released and the following Saturday after noon), Two Towers, The Fellowship of the Ring (in that order)
The Matrix, The Matrix Revolutions, and the Matrix Reloaded (in that order)
Fight Club
XXX
The Recruit
Old School
Office Space
2 Fast 2 Furious and The Fast and the Furious (in that order)
All the Kevin Smith Movies
Kill Bill: Vol. One
The James Bond Collection
The Lethal Weapon Series

That is me...I've gone on too long...The end...

+Quote Post
plain
post Jan 6 2004, 06:39 PM
Post #6

Member No.: 400
Phone: SX66/PDA2k

Hi!

I feel like being a part of an initiation of some sort... But here goes...

I am Charlie So from Fairfax, VA. I work out of Vienna, VA in a little software firm as a "Consultant". The title was recently changed from "Software Engineer" (Managerial decision). This is my first job out of college.

Anywho, I have been married to my wife, Amy, for year and a half, and I have a 7 month old boy named Timothy. He keeps me busy, and job keeps me somewhat busy.

I have been meaning to see the LOTR, but I have not gotten a chance, yet.

I had actually graduated from college with specialty in networking and started working as a C++/Java developer... Quite a change for me, but I did get used to it.

So that is about me...

Charlie.

+Quote Post
vballhjs
post Jan 13 2004, 04:40 PM
Post #7

Member No.: 490

Another Sean here.. as if there wasnt enough already! and even spelled the "right" way smile.gif

I live in York, PA and also work w/ computers (sysadm/networking/helpdesk/etc). I have been married for 3 years now to my wife Jami and we're working on the baby thing. Love all things geek including LOTR, slashdot, web comics, movies of mostly all types, and geeky techy toys. My old phone was a Nokia 8390 that was unlocked off ebay but just wasnt exactly what I was looking for.. but now i have the mpx200 unlocked to Tmobile and love it! Graduated from college with a degree in Computer Science.. I am an avid volleyball player/fan and play as often as time allows.. I am active in my church as well.

Love this site as well.. it is one of the best maintaned and administered sites i frequent... there isnt alot of the flaming and trolls that many other sites have..

+Quote Post
Highl1
post Jan 30 2004, 03:06 AM
Post #8

Member No.: 1,522

Hi Sean,your site is great,i first visited it for a few months,and then when my moto mpx200 arrived before a week,i decided to register on the forum smile.gif
My name is Petar Marinkovic,i am 18 year old student from Belgrade,Serbia and Montenegro (ex Yugoslavia).I am now studing first year of computer college in Belgrade,in which in a year can enter only 100 students from Serbia,Montenegro,and countries from region.I like mobile phones a lot,and i program in java,but i am still learning a lot.Also i am a passionate gamer,i can say pro gamer,because i menage and organize best team on Balcan,Guild pro-gaming clan,which has 2 divisions,for Counter-Strike and WarCraft III.We attended many international competitions in Europe and USA and we plan to do that in future.Also i like to go out a lot,and also to listen to music (hip-hop mostly) and to watch films.If anyone of you have time,come and visit www.edesi.co.yu,its the biggest hip-hop site on Balcan,and i am menaging it with few friends.My favourite films are
Godfather Trilogy
Indiana Jones Trilogy
LOTR Trilogy (but i think that Return of the King is the best of all 3)
Devil's Attorney
He Got Game
How High

also i have a very big collection od dvd's that now counts 128 titles.My hip-hop cd's collection consists of 276 audio and mp3 discs smile.gif I also played basketball in a few teams,but i got injured and i cant play it anymore so professional,i can recreative,but have very big pain in my knee sad.gif
That's from me,hope to visit this site and forum in the future,and we ll see each other on this board.See ya smile.gif

+Quote Post
post Jan 31 2004, 04:05 AM
Post #9

Group:
Member No.: 0

My name is Steve; I work at the "happiest place on earth", for guests any way. I've had my MPX200 for about 2 1/2 months now and also love it! Sean, I see we share the same taste in music and my movie collection consists of the same genre of movies you have; LOTR being #1. I have always loved technology and gadgets the MPX200 is the perfect example of both. I'm also an addict when it comes to wireless phones, I have quite a few and who know when it will stop?..lol. I'd like to thank you for having this site up for all of us gadget freaks, it's all ways updated and full of information the one web site I check daily. My best wishes to you and your family and your new little one on the way. O:)

+Quote Post
stw65
post Jan 31 2004, 04:06 AM
Post #10

Member No.: 523

By the way, that last post was from me. Forgot to log in darnit!!!

+Quote Post
Pulse
post Feb 11 2004, 08:26 PM
Post #11

Member No.: 1,756

<<<ABOUT ME>>>

Job? What's that?

Currently, I am jobless. I change from job to job all the time, because I get bored too easily, or I dont like the people I work with.

My last job was in a computer shop here in the UK, called 'The Computer Shop'. Website here: www.thecomputershop.co.uk.

I'm thinking after my college course, I might go to spain for a bit, to live out there, and enjoy the sun. That's if I dont get a decent job, that is!

Your studentness...

I'm currently a computer student at college, and am on a BTEC National Diploma course. I am in my second year, and it is borderline as to whether I will pass or not. It's a pathetic course, and will not come out of it having learned anything useful.

Ring Ring... Hello? Who's there?

I've had loads of phones, but I am definitely not an up-to-date person when it comes to phones. The past two months I have had:

Sagem MYX-6

Great little phone, but I always got comments about it being ugly, and 'big'. Surprising really, as it usually wasnt much bigger than their phones (7210 usually - what a heap of crap)

Nokia 6100

Ah yes, then came the 6100, which I still have at the moment. Great phone to hold, but it stops there. It's a boring phone, and doesnt do anything. I'm giving it to my mum when she gets a new contract for an MPX200, which is convenienty going to me! wink.gif Heh

Nokia N-GAGE

Swapped my Sagem for this, because I thought it would be a small money maker. It was. I bought the Sagem for £100, then 2 months later, I swapped it for an ngage, which was bought just a month beforehand for £150, and £30 cash from him, making the ngage £70. It got sent off today after only a week of having it for £85.

My Computer

Current system set up:

Basically standard Dell Dimension 4400
2Ghz P4 Processor
256 DDR SD Ram
20GB and 3GB HDDs - Dont ask!
64mb GeForce2 Graphics card

Dayum, what is that? It's like some sort of... inter network

Well, my life is lived quite a lot on the internet. Pathetic I know! I'm on it most of the day, as I go on at college, and go on when I get home. Funnily enough, I dont actually do much on the net. I use 3 forums now that I've joined this one, and that's pretty much it. I'm on msn most of the time, and will browse eBay time to time, although never buying anything!

TV & Films

I love films, but I hardly ever get time to watch them. Always on the net or something.

I dont have many DVDs, because up until now, they've been too damn expensive.

I've got:

Back to the future trilogy
Shawshank Redemption
Gone In 60 Seconds
Bill and Teds Bogus Journey
Fast and the Furious

Boom boom crash...

Music-wise, I listen to loads of stuff. I dont limit myself to what I listen to, by a genre or anything. If I like something, I'll listen to it.

Main music is Oldies and RnB I guess, but I have loads of Garage, DnB, a few rock, dance etc...

+Quote Post
c0w
post Mar 15 2004, 03:28 PM
Post #12

Super Moderator
Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
Member No.: 866
Phone: Palm Treo
Carrier: Sprint/Nextel
PocketPC: Toshiba
MP3 Player: iPod
PMC: Other

pulse i feel you on the financial part.
MY LIFE...

here goes... My name is shawn taing, yes another shawn but its the only one spelled this way. I am a third year college student attending ucsc (time flys by) business management economics major. my passion for gadgets actually started when i got a casio remote control watch back in the day, which ofcourse was used in pranks during class movie days... haha

my first encounter with gadgets was the days of junior high when pagers were in style.. motorola bravo and the jazz(which was actually cool cause i had up to the minute news info on it)...

eventually mp3 technology emerged but there were no players out on the market yet, until the sleek design of the nomad mp3 player(was the ipod in the day) caught my eyes and thanks to my first job at kb-toys, allowed me to own one (64mb was considered cool back then) then the nomad mg which also had wma support (currently using a 10gig ipod).

then came the days of cellular phones.. i got my first phone in my sophmore year in highschool and was considered to be cool, the first was the nokia 5150 which was considered small compared to what our parents carried (large grey motorola something), from then i moved on to the motorola v3688(really small cool looking phone which i sometimes use on my sisters cingular plan), then the nokia 8890 which i still love today, and my uncle visitin from asia actually gave me his old nokia communicator which i coudn't get to work on the cingular network unfortunately = but still have just for fun haha, after that i got the sony ericson t616(lost interest cause i dunno it was kinda girly to me) and finally we get to the mpx200 which ofcourse is the king of them all.

apart from phones i've also gone through the handspring visor neo which i used my first year in college and then moved on to the audiovox maestro pocketpc which i've been using for awhile now.

in highschool i was fortunate to have been introduced to stocks and traded stocks during computer class with my other friends. i had the opportunity to take part in the late 1990/early 2000 stock boom in which i acquired shares of rambus for around 80 bucks a piece where it soared to 400$ =D and also qualcom at around 60 per share to where it got to $300+ and a disappointin transaction with redhat which i got for $24 and sold at $30 in which it later soared to $200+... then the boom left and i sort of jumped out of day trading and am currently on the long term road...

i mostly listen to alternative, punk, some rock and some hiphop. my favorite bands are thirdeyeblind, jimmy eat world, taking back sunday, afi, the juliana theory, gin blossoms, goo goo dolls, ataris, coldplay and the list goes on (also lets not forget nsync and the backstreet boys)... during my past heartbreaks or future(lets hope not) and sad times i like to drown myself in some sarah mclachlan, faith hill, wilson philips, gladys knight...

i love going to the movies whenever i can... like pulse i don't have a very large collection of dvds.. just too expensive for me lol. my collection consist of antwone fisher, hannibal, and the life of david gale. i know pathetic...

last summer i had plans to build a computer with an awsome Acrylic case to put sound activated lights and whatnot... i built it but something was wrong with one of the components and i tried everything to fix it but nothing worked which i eventually brought to a computer shop and even they didn't know what was wrong lol. i took it apart and brought everything back to FRY's electronics and ended up getting an 2.24gig hp desktop. i've got an audigy 2 soundcard and the logitech z680 speakers (the best spearkers for your moneys worth).

i am connected and have been connected on the internet every single day.. from the moment i wake up i turn my computer on and it stays on util i go to bed which is usually 2 - 3 am pacific time. inbetween classes i come back to my room to check my email and whatnot... once i get my cf wifi card for my pocketpc i will be connected to the internet even more lol (wifi was added all over the school this year).

and that is my story. thanks for reading. =D

--------------------
Editor | Super Moderator
Devices: HTC Mogul

+Quote Post
awarner
post Jul 17 2004, 09:02 AM
Post #13

MS-MVP / MoDaCo.com

Group: MGN Ultimate
Member No.: 1,721
Phone: HTC Wizard
Carrier: T-Mobile
PocketPC: HTC

Better add my bit then smile.gif
Name Ashley Warner better known as awarner on the other site.
Job wise I am an electrician by trade and now work at the main air traffic
control center in the UK.
If I'm not working I spend most of my time helping fellow MS Smartphone users with their problems via posts, PM amd email oh and IRC and MSN.
After that I also run a local Scout troop so spend time organising events and camps to make sure the lads discover more about the world than just the tv remote laugh.gif
Also not forgetting somehow I find time to eat, sleep and spend time with my wife and daughter.

I first got into MS Smartphones when the SPV was first released in the UK, at the time there was only really one forum available at the time (MoDaCo) since then I have now become a moderator and because of the time spent there I'm now coming up to 9k posts (one day I'll get a life laugh.gif) I have been a beta tester for numerous app and have always worked close with developers, apps incluse the excellent Task Manager from www.binarys.com to games like Crazy Bubbles and the superior Eclipse. Because of Eclipse I discovered the major keypad conflicts on the mpx200 (the initial reason for stripping the phone apart inc the keypad).
I strongly believe in the community spirit and like to see ppl helping each other. My only real pet hates are cross posters and the posters who's only help are to post things like "do a search :roll:"

Have fun and keep the spirit going biggrin.gif

--------------------
awarner Microsoft MVP Mobile Devices & Staff Team Leader modaco.com
SPV, E100, E200, C500, C550, C600 (MoDaCo Edition), MPX200, MPX220, Voq Pro, Mio 8380, JasJar, Vario

+Quote Post
quietkvj
post Aug 18 2004, 03:07 PM
Post #14

Member No.: 4,533

Hello All,

My name is Kimberly and I am new to the site. I'm from Philadelphia, PA. I'm a student at Penn State. I live by new technology. I take all of my classes online. I recently became a MPX200 owner on the ATT network. And I love my phone.

I joined the site because I want to be able to use every aspect of my phone. I've always had an interest in electronics. I love convenience. The faster the better.

I hope to learn a lot from you guys. And who know's, I might be able to help a few people.

+Quote Post
hubono
post Sep 20 2004, 12:55 AM
Post #15

Member No.: 4,872

well well well, after readin all those stories, it made me cry tongue.gif
well its like happy tears cuz there are geeks like me out there and not only me.

anyways, my stroy begins with infamous 386 intel pcs. that was my first pc loaded with dos 4. i loved it. i remember those days when having a 486 dx2 was somthing you get envied for.

i managed to get my hands on my dad's big motorola cell fones. also was from the first ppl to get a pager when they were da bomb back in the days. i love gadgets, i have an atari, nitendo, gameboy, sega, sega saturn, sega game boy, play station, playstation 2, u name it i had it.

my first cell fone was a gsm fone. gsm was interduced in my country Oman (look it up in the atlas, it helps tongue.gif before the states and right after europe. that fone was a sony. then i used a nokia 8290, then the nokia 3650 symbian 60, till recently when me and my roomate decided to exchange fones and gave me his mpx200 cuz the battery life is too short for him. what a lucky day for me, i cant wait for the MPx to come out, cuz that will be the ONE. i upgraded the rom on the mpx the next day i got the fone. now im running wm2003 and looking for an mms app for that, maybe i will start writing one for my self, u know at least get my degree's worth.

i came to the states when i was 17, san diego state university computer science degree is what i graduated with. now im an netwrok admin night operator. the best thing about this job, is i do nothin. i bring my 17 inch laptop to work, watch movies, browse the net and ect.

i have every gadget possible, well not all but i have alot. starting from a 17 inch laptop, desktop with a 19 inch flat screen, a projector with a 90 inch screen, a big screen 52 inch tv, a 5.2 megapixel camera, an external hard disk 120 gig, a 15.4 laptop centrino edition, 20 gig mp3 player, bose 321, bose headsets, ipaq h5555, sony palm nv800 i guess and alot more which i cant remember.

i stay online like all the time, i sleep and my bed is shared with my self and my mpx, my laptop, my ppc. i know i know im wired, but hey i love it. i also love movies, anything i havent watch i would love to watch, except for startrek and that kinda fantasy movies. i go to the movies once a week, mostly mondays, watch 3 movies in a row.

anyways, my whole point, i love technology from devices to internet. im starting my new company in pc repairs, networking, application developing and so forth. i thought why not charge ppl for their problems tongue.gif not over charge but charge them. i anyways do it all the time. all my friends and family members call me asking for help with their technonlgy problems. anything i dont know, i will learn and help out with.

i recently was playing around with linux, tried suse 9.1 with the new kernel, and tried Mandrake 10. then i got tired of them and all the dependecies so i moved to longhorn. longhorn is the future, i love the grafix capablities in it, its still young thus not very suitable for everyday use but it poses a chalange to me and i like that.

well i have a lot to say but dont want to bore you guyz.

nice having this site, i visit like everyday, its a home away from home.

tata

+Quote Post
t0m0rr0w27
post Nov 13 2004, 06:50 AM
Post #16

Member No.: 5,584

Who The ^*&& is Tomorrow?

A student of a High School

Phones:
Sidekick II
Samsung X105
Mpx200
NGage Gamedeck
Nokia 3390
Motorola V80
Motorola V70
and some others.

Most of them are sold.

Anxiously waiting for my freaking mpx300!!!

Computer:
Home Built
P4 HT 3.2 Ghz
2 gb ram
ati radeon 9800 pro xt vid card
creative sound card (forgot what kind)
momo kickass logitech steering wheel
polk audio car kickers as speakers muahhahaha

I do everything for nothing. I type at a blazing 120 wpm at average, accuracy is 82 % gah!! I did some flash, never tried html, too lazy to learn. I'm pretty crazy at gaming, CS, WC3, COD you name it. I'm a pretty straight forward guy and Phones are basically .... my life!! j/m phones are great, one day computers will be phones and phones will be wires. its as easy as that.

+Quote Post
stretchie
post Feb 16 2005, 12:40 AM
Post #17

Member No.: 7,369
Phone: SPV
Carrier: Orange

WOW.. You guys can fill pages...

I'm Dan, 25 and I'm from Manchester, England (don't follow football/soccer before you ask about Man Utd or Man City)

I'm basically a magpie... I like shiny stuff and get myself into debt to get these 'shiny's' (A phase which I HAVE to stop).

I've only had my C500 a couple months but love it. I am hoping to be of good use to everyone in the future, I don't come from a computing or engineering background but would love to get to grips with how to make apps and tweaks for existing apps so watch this space, once I start learning I'll be on a roll.

I love music, all kinds from some POP, to R&B through to lounge music and ethnics stuff.. I'm really strange like that, if I like a beat that's all that counts..

I love films too, but scary films, at the moment I think the Asians (Japanese, Korean, Thai) do the best ones.

I loved the Ring (Japanese), 1, 2 and 3(the prequel)
Also The Eye (1 and 2) was good and I LOVED a film called 'A tale of two sisters' if you can, watch it.. SMART like 'The Grudge' but scarier.

I also like travelling, I have been to Thailand and Cambodia and want also to see Vietnam, China and Japan and would LOVE to do a huge tour of South America on a motorbike with a friend, but huge shortage of funds is stopping that for now.

Hope to speak to you soon, I don't have much to offer just yet but hopefully sometime in the future I can help

Dan

+Quote Post
AcuraRBKG6
post May 24 2005, 08:27 PM
Post #18

Member No.: 8,623
Phone: MPx200
Carrier: T-Mobile

Sean, I must congratulate you on a site well done and well thought out. I guess even the worst of failures ultimately leads to success.

I feel like I am the only high school student on the board. I hope I am not.

My name is Carlos Nunez; you could find me on this screen name just about everywhere that deals with cell phones and things like that. I am 17 years old and I attend a high school in New Jersey. It's a junkyard that could be better used as a parking lot for the deli next door than a high school. In a couple of months, I will be a freshman at the Stevens Institute of Technology in Hoboken, NJ.

I LOVE technology. I mostly LOVE cell phones and computers. There is nothing in my house that isn't technical to some aspect or degree. I fix anything that has a wire and a plug in the back, but I expertise mostly on computers, cell phones (mostly GSM), MP3 players, CD players, and other things. I haven't built a computer in years, however when I do it I make it a ^*&& of a rig.

However, as much as I love technology, there is nothing that pisses me off more than every single tech-illiterate teen in the country having some popular cell phone (Motorola i860, Motorola A630, LG VX8000, etc.). Furthermore, since I really don't get a lot of calls per day, I figured that I would get a cell phone that is a little bit more than a cell phone. I tried that with the Nokia 6800, but I fell in love with the Motorola MPx200 at first sight. It had everything, and it could be more of a PDA than a phone. So I bought it for 112, and I never looked back. Now I have the best cell phone in my school (at the moment), and I am happy.

If anyone wants to get in touch or talk phones, sports, or whatever, just drop me a message at AcuraRBKG6@verizon.net.

Carlos Nunez
Stevens Institute of Technology
Class of 2009.

+Quote Post
Illah
post Jun 4 2005, 06:25 AM
Post #19

Member No.: 4,220

I'll join in on the intros for a few reasons:

1. I've been here on and off for over a year.
2. I too am named 'Sean' and yes, I spell it right - no 'Shauwn' nonsense biggrin.gif
3. My B-Day is May 25, and the 'Sean' running the site is only a few days off from me according to the homepage post.

Who is Illah?

First of all I'm from Chicago, ILLAHnoise. Why Illah? Well, the b-boy/raver/hip-hop culture used to use the word 'ill' alot (think Beastie Boys) so I thought that was cool. Since the old three-letter abbreviation for 'Illinois' was 'Ill', well, you get the picture.

So now I live in San Francisco. I came out here for film school but ended up in the dot.com industry (surprise). Unlike the no-skills-but-hired-in-desperation folks of 99-01, I am lucky enough to have some good tech knowledge, however I didn't want to be pigeon-holed into a 'techie' so I moved my way over to online marketing. I think I've found my niche, and I'm planning an MBA in E-Commerce within the next year. I love the internet and tech, but I don't want to be the high tech equivalent of a car mechanic, i.e. IT guy, SysAdmin, etc. (no offense to those who are!).

What are my aspirations? C-level executive. Like I said earlier, I came out here for film school and now I work in online marketing at one of the largest ad agencies in the world. Put the two together, add in an Ivy league MBA (cross your fingers I get in, and my 97th percentile GMAT score with a perfect 6/6 writing score should help), and you got yourself a damn unique package. Most folks are either all biz or all creative - I aim to bridge that gap and I hope it will have me running one of these places - perhaps my own wink.gif - in the next decade or so.

Why Smartphones?

As you can imagine business was my main drive. I used to have a Clie, but quickly realized a fat PDA and a cell wasn't very useful. Only 6 months later I got an MPx200, and now I run an SMT5600. I first got into these things as an organizer, but as a film student with a BFA customization also appealed to me. I actually hardly, if ever, use the multimedia features, but skins and internet are my main non-PDA uses for my phone.

So is Illah a corporate whore?

Despite my aspirations I did go through film school after all smile.gif Believe it or not, I was expelled from high school and spent many years with one foot in jail. I used to be a lifestyle raver, meaning I didn't just go to parties, I LIVED that stuff. In fact, I learned the business essential of 'buy low, sell high' at raves, if you know what I mean wink.gif

To this day I'm an avid electronic music fan. My last vacation was to Miami for the Winter Music Conference 2005 and Miami Fashion Week in late March. In seven days I went to probably nine parties. My fiance is a BFA in Fashion Merchandising and she to was a 'bad girl' turned good (in fact, we've known each other since we were 15, how romantic). We have a yellow lab named 'Arf'. Why 'Arf'? Because we didn't know what to name her, so we called her 'Arf' in the interim, and the name stuck. In some ways we're quite the hippie couple, and in other ways quite the yuppie couple.

Hobbies

I'm a hardcore overclocker nerd. I've had multiple watercooled systems, including a 4' evaporative cooling tower (bong), radiated systems, etc. I've also had many air cooled systems. I'm so into this hobby, there was a short time when I had the fastest AMD based system in terms of SETI work unit crunching times on the OC-Forums.com SETI team.

I'm also a home theater nerd. I don't have the cash for a super-high-end system, but I have a complete Infinity reference 5 speaker system with a Dayton Audio 10" sub and a Marantz 650W receiver, 1080i upscaling DVD player, and a 43" HDTV. I also have a sweet system in our car, with a Pioneer DEH-8300 MP3 player flip-face deck, Kicker Resolution 2-way comps for mids and highs with a 250W MTX amp behind them, and two 10" Infinity Perfect subs with an 800W Lanzar amp behind them.

As for movies, here are my favorites:

Raging Bull
Taxi Driver
Goodfellas (as you can see, I like Scorsese)
The Shining
Saving Private Ryan
Pi
Trainspotting
KIDS
LOTR Trilogy

Last but not least I do put my film schooling to work. I freelance and have a website where you can check out some of my work (though I need to update it, I've done a couple projects since the last major update in April). One cool thing about my site is it is ALL me. In other words, every photo, graphic, word, video, and line of code is my work.

http://www.SeanMulholland.com

--Illah

This post has been edited by Illah: Jun 4 2005, 06:35 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
nskgti
post Jul 24 2005, 11:51 PM
Post #20

Gadget Junkie

Member No.: 337
Phone: Cingular 8525

All about me:

Name: Pete

User Name: NSKGTI, NSK from nsk.freetekno.cz and GTI from my ex-auto...

Origin: Seattle

Work: I work in the cellular/wireless industry in a variety of rolls. Because of the nature of the board, I can't really go into much more detail.

Phones: Cingular 2125, Blackberry 8700c, Cingular 8125 is on order and once that arrives, I will be going to ONE DEVICE. I also have a Sierra 860 HSDPA card.

My Computer: HP NC6000 with 100GB HD, 2GB RAM, 802.11a/b/g, Bluetooth, Verizon EV-DO card, Cingular HSDPA Card

Music: I listen to Drum and Bass, Indie Hip Hop, Jazz, Sexy NY House music, Classical, some Rock, Punk and 70's funk. I do have about 500GB of music that a few friends of mine and I have compiled. All purchased of course... I can honestly say I have never downloaded any music illegally. Everything from Swedish Techno to 80's electro to cheesy pop.

Movies: House of 1000 Corpses, The Ring, Old School, They Live to name a few.

Hobbies: I have a thing for European Cars, music production and world travel. I have spent more money on those 3 things than I did on college. I hope to run a marathon in the next 3 years. When I was in HS, I competed for the United States Junior National Crew Team (1996) and won 3 North American Championships (1995, I was 10 years younger than the rest of my team).

I'm sure there is more, but that should be enough about me...

The devices have been updated. Why you might ask? BECAUSE I'm GOING TO ONE DEVICE VERY SOON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This post has been edited by nskgti: Feb 1 2006, 01:09 PM

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 03:35 PM