IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> mpx 200 and bluetooth and wi-fi sdio card.
gohawks
post Dec 6 2004, 06:28 PM
Post #21

Group: Members
Member No.: 386

If they release the drivers for the phone then chances are very good that it should work...
Please indulge the technically challenged.

ASSUMING this would work, drivers and all, what does this mean in terms of phone capabilities? Would it be possible to use with Bluetooth?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
FiReBReTHa
post Dec 6 2004, 10:08 PM
Post #22

Advanced Member

Member No.: 6,108

If there is a Bluetooth Capable device to fit the slot as well as a Bluetooth driver and capable programs.

THEN yes.

I sadly just learned that the MPX200 isnt Bluetooth because I was preparing to give it to my wife but now looks like shes getting the V600 when I get the MPX220

+Quote Post
oallostavros
post Dec 11 2004, 07:23 AM
Post #23

Advanced Member

Member No.: 4,920

http://www.infosyncworld.com/news/n/5626.html

SyChip has confirmed to infoSync that it is developing drivers so that its Wi-Fi SDIO cards will work in Windows Mobile for Smartphone 2003 devices. Although still in beta at the moment, SyChip expects the drivers to be completed in January. SyChip does not sell its own Wi-Fi cards, however, SanDisk and Socket both sell Wi-Fi cards that are essentially rebranded SyChip cards and SyChip will provide the new driver to both companies to distribute to users.

The new drivers work only with dedicated Wi-Fi SDIO cards, not with the company's dual-function cards that also include flash storage capacity. SyChip says that is due to a limitation of the firmware used by many handset manufacturers, but can be addressed with a firmware upgrade. The driver also requires the smartphone to be unlocked. Many US carriers lock phones specifically to their network to keep users from switching networks, which has the side effect of preventing the installation of new drivers.

+Quote Post
Hulkster
post Dec 14 2004, 04:21 AM
Post #24

Gadget Junkie

Member No.: 4,004

Just get the mpx220 of you all want bluetooth then to have the trouble of having all these things sticking out of the phone. For wifi, wait for the MPX

--------------------
user posted image

+Quote Post
TDL
post Dec 8 2005, 06:45 PM
Post #25

Member No.: 9,258
Phone: MPx200
Carrier: o2
PocketPC: Other
PMC: Other

okay, so we know there is a driver for the SyChip cards now, but may it work with the newer (smaller and cheaper) sdio wifi cards, too?

+Quote Post
smeg36
post Dec 9 2005, 12:56 AM
Post #26

Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
Member No.: 1,045
Phone: HTC Touch
Carrier: Sprint/Nextel

What driver are you referring to? The only wifi driver I have seen is the Socket driver for the Sagem my-s7 Smartphone. There is the miniSD wifi card by Spectec, but they don't have drivers that work with any Smartphones yet. I went to the SyChip website, and they do have pictures of Smartphones on the homepage, but I couldn't find any drivers anywhere. Nor have I read of anyone using their cards successfully in a Smartphone. I would love to try it out in my E200 if it is supposed to work.

--------------------
Phone: Sprint Touch Pro

+Quote Post
armwood
post Dec 11 2005, 11:06 AM
Post #27

Member No.: 10,569
Phone: HTC Wizard
Carrier: T-Mobile
PocketPC: HTC
PMC: Creative Zen

QUOTE (thongkh @ Dec 5 2004, 12:10 PM)
this is a great news!!! biggrin.gif

For bluetooth you can also use a Jabra headset with the Jabra 210 adapter for non bluetooth phones. You will just need a 2.5 to 3.5 adapter from Radioshack.

+Quote Post
armwood
post Dec 14 2005, 10:48 PM
Post #28

Member No.: 10,569
PMC: Creative Zen

I received my Jabra 210 yesterday. You do not need an adapter. The plub on the adapter is a mini plug (2.5) which works perfectly with the MPX200. It is great to be alble to use my Jabra 250 with my MPX220 in my car. This is a wonderful solution to the bluetooth issue with this phone. You may by the adapter on Ebay. The Jabra 210 cost me $36.53, $41.53 including shipping.

+Quote Post
smeg36
post Dec 15 2005, 04:13 AM
Post #29

Group Icon

That is a good solution for using a headset. Just a note though, it doesn't work for other BT profiles, only headsets.

--------------------

+Quote Post
zosdog
post Dec 23 2006, 10:14 AM
Post #30

Member No.: 10,567
Carrier: Alltel

I don't know if anybody is paying attention to this topic anymore, or even cares, but I found something recent, and I am planning on trying it. Here is a quote from a post, by a guy named Roswell Greens, that I found at gsmarena.com:

"NOTE for the non-believers... this phone DOES support WIFI cards on its very much WEIRD SD/MMC slot... I tested a few that didnt work at all but amazingly the Kodak SDIO WIFI adapter works like a charm (it came with a KODAK cam my wife gave to me as a gift)"

I think I will do the requisite upgrade to 2003 and try it out. Really. I will post my results. Or, if no one cares anymore, just tell me to shut up. wink.gif

Zos

+Quote Post
smeg36
post Dec 24 2006, 05:31 AM
Post #31

Group Icon

That's very interesting. I'd like to hear your results. I don't see how the card could make a differnce without having the drivers though.

--------------------

+Quote Post
runningtiger
post Dec 24 2006, 07:37 AM
Post #32

Mobile Gadget Idol
Group Icon

Member No.: 11,486

I'd be very interested to hear your results too! I have a friend I could pass my ol'200 along to. If it could do the WIFI trick that'd be awesome. I already have the Jabra BT adapter and 2003 installed on it. <fingers crossed it works!>

--------------------
Devices: T-Mobile MDA (Cingular SIM), i-mate SP5m (sitting in a drawer at the moment while I attempt to migrate to PPC permanently), Cingular 3125 (unlocked and in use on T-Mobile), Motorola MPx220 (retired), Motorola MPx200 (retired)

Accessories: Plantronics Explorer 330 & 2G Patriot Micro-SD (use w/MDA), Kingston 2G mini-SD used in SP5m, Plantronics Discovery 640 & 2G San Disk micro-SD (use w/3125), Jabra A210 BT adapter + Motorola HS805 (retired)

+Quote Post
muchomorek
post Dec 24 2006, 08:03 AM
Post #33

Hardcore Gadget Junkie

Member No.: 2,186
Carrier: AT&T Wireless/Cingular
PocketPC: HP iPAQ

Here we go again Motorola's MPX200 doesn't support SDIO (Secure Digital Input/Output)

--------------------
iPhone 3GS
SP5
Holux GR-236 Bluetooth GPS
MPx200

+Quote Post
zosdog
post Dec 24 2006, 09:08 AM
Post #34

Of all the searching of topics I have done, I haven't seen one person actually say they tried it. I have a bid in for a kodak wifi card on eBay as I speak. Er, type. Supposedly kodak only made one model of this adapter. That helped narrowing it down. smile.gif

+Quote Post
ardec1
post Dec 28 2006, 05:47 PM
Post #35

Gadget Junkie

Member No.: 11,102
Phone: SX66/PDA2k

There is some question about that the Sandisk WiFi card may work, I have never tried it myself but there are some drivers out there for the Viewsonic PDA which has the same type of SD slot as the MPx200.

To the best of my knowledge Viewsonic has two different drivers listed on their site that enables the Sandisk WiFi card to work with a couple of their PDAs.

I had a Viewsonic model 37 a long time ago and it was not easy but I finally managed to get the Sandisk card working in that unit.

+Quote Post
zosdog
post Jan 8 2007, 05:41 AM
Post #36

I finally got the card, just need some time to try to set it up. And maybe some luck. Thanks for the Viewsonic driver info, ardec1. Every bit is appreciated.

+Quote Post
redonred
post Jan 17 2007, 07:57 AM
Post #37

Member No.: 14,603
PocketPC: None

QUOTE (zosdog @ Jan 8 2007, 05:41 AM) *
I finally got the card, just need some time to try to set it up. And maybe some luck. Thanks for the Viewsonic driver info, ardec1. Every bit is appreciated.

Hey, let me know if it works please! I want to do the same thing. Then maybe I can get skype on this thing too.

This post has been edited by GrYph0n: Jan 18 2007, 05:24 AM

+Quote Post
redonred
post Jan 18 2007, 10:33 AM
Post #38

Member No.: 14,603
PocketPC: None

ok I couldn't wait and bought a kodak wifi card. Anyone know if there are any issues with upgra ding to wm2005 or windows mobile?

thanks

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 04:40 AM