Reply to this topicStart new topic
> How to strip the MPX200
oallostavros
post Dec 8 2004, 10:19 PM
Post #21

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,920

Hey, has anyone tried to manually replace their speakerphone speaker?

Anyone know what the name of the speaker part is, or its product number or make, etc...?

Mine partially blew out when I played an MP3 file too loudly, and I don't want to send it to motorola b/c they might mess up all my settings/programs, aside from the fact that I need the phone for other uses on a daily basis.

Thanks all
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Oudkerk
post Jan 31 2005, 11:20 PM
Post #22

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,050

Hi Awarner, could you put the pictures back online? That would be a great help to me.

I can't get the the two retaining clips in the middle sides of the body uncliped. No matter how much pressure I put on them with a screwdriver they remain where they are. Do I have to put extreme pressure on them? Or do I have to presure and pull the cover at the same time?

+Quote Post
Oudkerk
post Feb 1 2005, 11:33 PM
Post #23

Advanced Member

Thanks for putting the pictures backup!
Could you describe to me in detail how I should use the screwdriver to unclip the clip's; exactly which place do I have to put pressure on? Sticking the screwdriver in het whole and pressuring the metal doesn't make my MPx200 give in anything ohmy.gif.

+Quote Post
dazzer_2000
post Feb 3 2005, 08:01 PM
Post #24

Member No.: 7,138
Phone: MPx200
Carrier: o2
PocketPC: Other
PMC: Other

I have looked at this thread and dont fully understand it. I want to replace the entire housing of my MPx200 since I have dropped it twice, onto concrete, each time landing on part that is not inside the leather case. I love the little phone and do not want to replace it, so want to repair it.

Is it going to be easy to transfer the entire inner working from one case to another?

Thanks,
Darren

+Quote Post
Oudkerk
post Feb 5 2005, 04:39 PM
Post #25

Advanced Member

QUOTE (dazzer_2000 @ Feb 3 2005, 09:01 PM)
I have looked at this thread and dont fully understand it.  I want to replace the entire housing of my MPx200 since I have dropped it twice, onto concrete, each time landing on part that is not inside the leather case.  I love the little phone and do not want to replace it, so want to repair it.

Is it going to be easy to transfer the entire inner working from one case to another?

Thanks,
Darren

It look on the pictures that the whole electronic interior comes out of the packadge. How easy it would be to replace the LCD part I don't know. It is in the other side of the flip mechanism.

Any one how to unclip the clips on the side?

+Quote Post
awarner
post Feb 9 2005, 08:35 AM
Post #26

MS-MVP / MoDaCo.com

Group: MGN Ultimate
Member No.: 1,721
Phone: HTC Wizard
Carrier: T-Mobile
PocketPC: HTC

Sorry for not getting back sooner but I have been extremely busy with other Smartphone projects.
To unclip you have to place the screw driver against the clip and move it in an outward movement to unlatch it.
This take a little bit of effort and you must have the right side screwdriver to avoid any damage to the case or circuitboard.

Hope this helps.

--------------------
awarner Microsoft MVP Mobile Devices & Staff Team Leader modaco.com
SPV, E100, E200, C500, C550, C600 (MoDaCo Edition), MPX200, MPX220, Voq Pro, Mio 8380, JasJar, Vario

+Quote Post
Oudkerk
post Feb 11 2005, 08:50 PM
Post #27

Advanced Member

QUOTE (awarner @ Feb 9 2005, 09:35 AM)
To unclip you have to place the screw driver against the clip and move it in an outward movement to unlatch it.
This take a little bit of effort and you must have the right side screwdriver to avoid any damage to the case or circuitboard.

Hope this helps.

Awarner Thanks for the reply! You are a great help, but could you be more specific exactly how to unclip? I have gotten the screwdriver above the clip when I pulled I could push the clip a little downward, when I pushed with more force it resulted in distortion of the plastic jacket to the amount that it felt like starting to break. No movement what so ever in het jacket of the phone.

Do I have to push the clips downward or pull it to the inside of the phone
side, so out of the jacket or move the clip sideways or do something else? There is a little space between the clipside standing up and the side-jacket should I put the screwdriver in here? The side of the Jacket feels quite fragile while the clip needs a lot of force to get moving. Did you use a lot of force?

+Quote Post
awarner
post Feb 20 2005, 05:36 PM
Post #28

MS-MVP / MoDaCo.com

You move the clips in and down. the case will move slightly so you have to be gentle as you only need to move the clip slightly.
Just remember to undo the screws first wink.gif

--------------------
SPV, E100, E200, C500, C550, C600 (MoDaCo Edition), MPX200, MPX220, Voq Pro, Mio 8380, JasJar, Vario

+Quote Post
Oudkerk
post Feb 21 2005, 02:01 AM
Post #29

Advanced Member

QUOTE (awarner @ Feb 20 2005, 06:36 PM)
You move the clips in and down. the case will move slightly so you have to be gentle as you only need to move the clip slightly.
Just remember to undo the screws first wink.gif

All 4 screws were removed but there is no movement at all. I think I misinterpretate your instructions.

I made a simple schema which could make explaining to me easier. The top view corresponds to your first posted picture, the battery compartment when you open up the phone :

Which position should I put the screwdriver(red line)? The top position or the lower position?
Seen from the side should the clip be moved to A(more to the outside of the exterior) B to the inside or C downwards? Or sould it be moved sideways; D up or E down?

This post has been edited by Oudkerk: Feb 21 2005, 02:02 AM

+Quote Post
amsrwc
post Feb 22 2005, 06:12 AM
Post #30

Member No.: 4,830

Let me take a shot at this one...

I have been playing with my MPX200 for a couple of hours now trying to get into it, and your questions Oudkerk were a huge help. I was finally able to figure out what I needed to do. Let me share...

Put your screwdriver in the top position, and try to move the clip towards B&C at once. The clip itself will not move (at least mine didn't), but in fact, the plastic case then slips around the clip as it is pushed away from the center of the phone. Also, so you know, I was having such difficulty originally because the screwdriver I was using was TOO small. I chose another slightly larger and that helped immensely.
smile.gif

I was also hoping though that awarner could possibly post another picture of the antenna. When I click the link from earlier in this post, it just pushes me to the main forum page. I think I have it, I just want to make sure... wink.gif

My problem is that my phone will no longer consistantly find a signal, and if it finds one, it will promply lose it for hours at a time. I know the area is WELL covered, and the phone used to work there. I put my sim in my old Nokia, and viola, so it isn't a SIM problem. I'm trying to see if anything looks untoward with the antenna itself...

Thx muchly...
AMSRWC

This post has been edited by amsrwc: Feb 22 2005, 06:32 AM

+Quote Post
Oudkerk
post Feb 24 2005, 10:39 PM
Post #31

Advanced Member

QUOTE (amsrwc @ Feb 22 2005, 07:12 AM)
Put your screwdriver in the top position, and try to move the clip towards B&C at once.  The clip itself will not move (at least mine didn't), but in fact, the plastic case then slips around the clip as it is pushed away from the center of the phone.  Also, so you know, I was having such difficulty originally because the screwdriver I was using was TOO small.  I chose another slightly larger and that helped immensely.

I have tried it but the exterior wall starts twisting and looks like to be on the edge of breaking. If only feels like the hard plastic exterior is going break, putting more force on the screwdriver in to move it to C and B

+Quote Post
awarner
post Feb 24 2005, 11:13 PM
Post #32

MS-MVP / MoDaCo.com

Yep screw driver in A and a BC movement.
it will unclip but it is tight the first time.

--------------------

+Quote Post
awarner
post Feb 24 2005, 11:14 PM
Post #33

MS-MVP / MoDaCo.com

Also the antenna is located at the top of the phone in the picture above underneath
the smooth piece of casing.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Oudkerk
post Feb 28 2005, 05:39 AM
Post #34

Advanced Member

Did it! Thanks guys.

To all others: the side wall has a pin sticking under the clip. So thats why you have to bend the side wall away from the clip to a point it almost feels like braking. A few dental sticks between the opening exteriour helped me to get the exterior up as sson as the pin was released from the clip.
I will try to post a new picture again explaining this better!

Puh.. felt like a journey getting the exterior from the MPx200. First ordered a T4 through ebay. Then a T6, when the 4 did not fit, then a T5 and then then the clip hurdle. Well hope getting a new fuse on it will be easier but it does look awfully small!

This post has been edited by Oudkerk: Feb 28 2005, 05:44 AM

+Quote Post
tiger2380
post Apr 4 2005, 03:57 PM
Post #35

Member No.: 8,135
Carrier: AT&T Wireless/Cingular

This might be a stupid question, but is there a way I can make my mpx200 to use 850mhz? To do this, do I have to modified the hardware/circuits or the firmware? I was thinking that I could take an 850mhz/frequency component from a phone that support that frequency(like nokia 8595), and put it in my mpx200, if it hardware related. Then I have to modified the software/firmware to look for 850mhz. Any suggest will be helpful. There got to be a way to do this.

This post has been edited by tiger2380: Apr 4 2005, 07:03 PM

+Quote Post
awarner
post Apr 13 2005, 02:10 PM
Post #36

MS-MVP / MoDaCo.com

Unless you can start changing chips at component level just for starters it's not possible.

--------------------

+Quote Post
ak73 pro a
post May 31 2005, 03:31 PM
Post #37

Member No.: 8,718
Carrier: Vodafone

Stupid me tongue.gif

+Quote Post
ak73 pro a
post Jun 1 2005, 10:53 AM
Post #38

Member No.: 8,718
Carrier: Vodafone

QUOTE (awarner @ Jul 16 2004, 06:42 AM)
Here you go Antenna

Link doesn't work thanks for help.

+Quote Post
joo
post Dec 14 2005, 12:06 PM
Post #39

Member No.: 10,730
Carrier: Other
PocketPC: Other
MP3 Player: Sony Walkman

QUOTE (oallostavros @ Dec 9 2004, 06:15 AM)
Hey, I'm thinkin about doing the antenna mod, but am gonna hold off until I find out about this. 
Was wondering if this type of addition might have adverse effects in terms of our exposure to increased amounts of radiation from the phone, and if so, by how much. 
It wouldn't bother me if it increased it a little bit, but if it goes through the roof, then I'll pass.
Thanks

it's cool
but where can i find the T5and the other tools on net?
i am chinese

+Quote Post
MACker
post May 22 2006, 01:53 PM
Post #40

Member No.: 12,173

pics are not showing!

I only got red Xs

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
4 User(s) are reading this topic (4 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 01:41 PM